App suggestions

• Replies:8
justJay
  • Forum posts: 757

Jun 9, 2010, 4:39:08 AM via App

Ok... I am getting tired of home screen apps and bubble game reviews. Can we please feature apps that us android geeks might want on our smartphones. I came across "scvngr" the other day and thought it would be a great feature app. List apps you think should be featured. justJay

— modified on Jun 9, 2010, 6:50:09 AM

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Jun 9, 2010, 2:52:21 PM via Website

If you see an interesting app using the AndroidPIT Apps database and would like it tested, I think there is usually a button you can press that puts in a request for a test/review. We also encourage users to try their hand at app testing, assuming the writer follows the format for presentation.

Maybe Yan or Jana can chime in on some upcoming apps which might catch "android geeks" interest that are planned for testing.

— modified on Jun 9, 2010, 2:53:15 PM

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 98

Jun 9, 2010, 5:01:47 PM via Website

justJay -- thanks for the feedback. We (the reviewers) generally follow our own interest and feature apps we find innovative or useful or awful or whatever. But, as Douglas rightly pointed out, you do have the option of making recommendations on which apps you want to see reviews of by clicking on the button in the AndroidPIT app data-base. We DO take these recommendations into consideration, in fact we welcome them :)

If there is anyone out there interested in writing test reviews, please get in touch with us. Requirements are a strong interest in Android (but you wouldn't be here if you weren't an Android geek like the rest of us), very good writing skills, and - as Douglas already mentioned - that when writing a test review you follow the AndroidPIT guidelines.

justJay
  • Forum posts: 757

Jun 10, 2010, 5:00:57 AM via App

I mainly use my android phone to view androidPit... I found it in the android market searching on the word android. So I was unaware that there was an apps area until I went to androidPit's website just now after reading your replies.. it would be nice if the android app version had all the web version has... and yes I am aware that I could access the web version from my phone.

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Jun 10, 2010, 2:08:28 PM via Website

I get the feeling that many people are in your old situation, in thinking that AndroidPIT is only an app, and not a website too.

— modified on Jun 10, 2010, 2:08:48 PM

Jared Petterson
  • Forum posts: 5

Aug 29, 2013, 4:05:31 PM via Website

Minions Rush is good