new 2.2

• Replies:40
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Jun 26, 2010 11:23:46 PM

Ok I had the first version of 2.2 on my nexus one and it was leaps and bounds better than 2.1.... Now I know why Google put a 1Ghz new processor in this thing.... Now I updated to what is suppose to be the final version of 2.2 and I see a improvement already in call reception!!!
the big things I noticed from 2.1 to 2.2..... camera now has on screen menu, more options, FLASH support!! (eat that i phone 4) new phone/menu/web cluster at the bottom of the home screens... calender interface is cooler, now I get my yahoo mail, and the track ball now lights up different colors (when you program it that way) when an app needs to be updated, now you can choose all to update with out having to choose them individually. I know there is more I just cant think of it now...I love this phone, I think if google would have sold it in Tmobile stores they could have outsold the iphone.... the new iphone is a joke, the NEXUS one smokes it in more ways.... the people out there that say it's not as good are total apple loyalist and will always say that.... ANDROID phones are taking over on all carriers but ATT I wonder why....because AT&T sucks and so do there phones.....

— modified on Dec 21, 2011 5:19:15 PM by moderator

Jun 28, 2010 11:44:38 PM

My nexus one was stock for T-mobile.... I did the update myself, I found the update for the 1st version FRF50 and installed it myself.... no problem.... then I saw that this FRF 82 is suppose to be the final OS 2.2 downloaded it and updated my phone... In all the update took all of about 20 minutes... most of that was when the phone reboots.... If you are afraid to do it your self wait for the OTA update it suppose to be hitting phones already, but I have heard rumors that google was having a problem with a server that sends out all that info, and that only SELECT phones will get the update.... not all android phones will get the update.....

Jun 28, 2010 11:47:24 PM

I wouldnt touch ANY phone on AT&T... they really only care about the iPhone and its a piece of sh@# when you put it against a nexus one, incredible or a droid.... That and AT&T was voted as having the WORST customer service and 2nd WORST coverage!!! I Love t-mobile service, great coverage, great phones, the people that work for them seem very nice and the service is not that expensive....

Jun 29, 2010 4:34:06 PM

i tried to check for system updates on my motorola milestone n it states that my phone currently is up to date.. but my version is only 2.1 1
does this means that the 2.2 update for milestone has not been released?

Jul 1, 2010 7:59:11 AM

khairo
how to check whether the update is out or not....?

I don't know if it's exactly the same on your phone, but on mine, if i go to: menu -> settings-> about phone-> System updates. I can check for ota updates there.

Jul 1, 2010 10:35:41 AM

Jeremiah McLeod
khairo
how to check whether the update is out or not....?

I don't know if it's exactly the same on your phone, but on mine, if i go to: menu -> settings-> about phone-> System updates. I can check for ota updates there.

Yeah, I believe that is pretty much the same for all phones

Jul 29, 2010 5:29:28 AM

thank you very much, however do you know if i will continue to run motoblur? i saw im free to kill it, but i have only jailbroken iDevices so im not quite pro yet at rooting. also, do you know of a custom roms sight?

Jul 29, 2010 11:35:44 AM

Do you want Motoblur, and if so, what is the motivation? From what I have heard, it slows your phone down a lot. If you have only significantly used a Motoblur handset, I recommend you try out the regular Android experience.

In regards to a ROM, there doesn't really seem to be any around, and that is likely because it was rooted not too long ago. However, it appears that the DEVOUR has a similar system to the Droid X in that there is a system installed by Motorola making it hard to root/change the bootloader/load a new ROM.

— modified on Jul 29, 2010 11:39:32 AM