new 2.2

• Replies:40
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Jul 31, 2010 1:25:21 AM via App

Wyatt Yoss
i prefer motoblur to other UIs such as htc Sense and TouchWiz, but i would like to try the default android UI

You can try default Android UI on phones w/ HTC Sense and possible others:

Go to setting, then applications,then manage applications...

Now find the UI app (my Eris was called "HTC Sense")

Click on it and you will see "clear defaults" about half way down.

Click to clear (if you don't see "click to clear" you are in wrong app).

Once done:

Click your phones "Home" button and you will see a popup screen that will give you the option to choose the Android standard "Home" or the one you had been using.

Note: do not click the "use by default" checkbox until you want one of them to truly be your default. Each time you click your phones "Home" button you will get the popup option screen until you do click the box.

Have fun trying the Standard Android UI

— modified on Jul 31, 2010 5:55:27 AM

Jul 31, 2010 4:17:26 AM via App

Thank you very much justjay, but motoblur is a whole set of apps rather than htc Sense having an app you can clear defaults on. I tried what you said on my friend's Eris, and it worked, but that method sadly wont for me.

Jul 31, 2010 6:03:54 AM via Website

HTC's Sense UI is also a whole set of Apps and Widgets

Applications:

* Friend Stream
* Camera
* Gallery (Pictures)
* Calculator
* Calendar
* Desk Clock
* Contacts
* Music (player and library)
* Weather
* Modified home screen
* Modified browser
* Twitter application 'peep'
* Footprints
* Stocks
* Album
* Mail

Widgets:

* Analog Clock
* Bookmarks
* Calendar
* Contacts
* Footprints
* Friend stream
* Mail
* News
* People
* Photo Album
* Pictures
* Search
* Settings (for turning on/off GPS, data connection, 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth)
* Sync All
* Stocks
* Twitter widget 'peep'
* Weather

Have you tried to install any Home Replacment Apps like Helix Launcher or Quick Desk to override MotoBlur?

— modified on Jul 31, 2010 6:52:51 AM

Jul 31, 2010 6:14:12 PM via App

i couldnt find Helix Launcher in the market, and i tried Quick Desk, but it wouldnt get the job done, it only worked in cooperation with my current launcher.

Aug 3, 2010 6:04:52 PM via Website

Wyatt Yoss
i am in the US, and im still running 1.6 on my devour.

*facepalm* I don't know why I thought you had an Android 2.1 device. I think I thought you had an EVO for some reason. Hmm... I'll look into Android 1.6 home launchers.

edit: try ADW launcher, it sounds promising. website article about it: http://www.blogsdna.com/10703/adw-launcher-now-available-on-android-market-no-root-needed.htm

AndroidPIT App "ADW Launcher" database link

— modified on Aug 3, 2010 6:08:08 PM

Oct 8, 2010 5:43:42 PM via App

On the tmo forum the news is out that samsung is sending the 2.2 out to everyone starting yesterday.people are finding the up date notice on the bar or in their os ready to install...they love it!

Nov 19, 2010 8:33:14 PM via Website

Melanie Doran
On the tmo forum the news is out that samsung is sending the 2.2 out to everyone starting yesterday.people are finding the up date notice on the bar or in their os ready to install...they love it!

That is not a funny joke ......

Nov 19, 2010 9:52:50 PM via Website

When I run Kies with my Samsung Captivate connected via USB I receive a box that says Please reconnect the device in Samsung Kies (PC Studio) mode. The current connection mode is not supported by Kies.

When I set it Samsung Kies, it doesn't recognize that the phone is connected.

The screen on the phone shows a USB plug and says connected.

The computer screen shows a window that says No device connected.

— modified on Nov 19, 2010 10:03:02 PM