smart phone processor question

• Replies:8
Ryan Erickson
  • Forum posts: 93

Jun 27, 2010, 3:14:42 AM via App

ok so i am debating on going to verizon tomorrow and buying the htc droid incredible i have the moto droid right now but my question is should i wait for the droid x the reason i wonder is does anybody know if the 1ghz arm v7 processor in the droid x is any better than the 1ghz qualcom snapdragon in the incredible i could use all the advise i can get so give me your knowledge and input! thanks guys!

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Jun 27, 2010, 9:56:35 PM via App

from what i have heard, the droid x seems to be more powerful. i would regardless wait a couple weeks after droid x release to see the reviews.

— modified on Jun 27, 2010, 9:57:54 PM

Ryan Erickson

Jun 28, 2010, 3:55:46 AM via Website

I am sad to say I no longer am a droid owner :( at least until the 15th of July. My sister wanted a droid and I told her she could have mine if I could take her early upgrade. So I will be first in line on the 15th to receive my droid x! I really hope it isn't a bust I have been watching countless videos on it and from what I have seen thus far I am very impressed. There is a video on YouTube testing it in benchmarks and it dominated in all. The evo 4g was wayyyyy behind! I will be sure to let you all know what I think when I receive it! Does anybody else plan on making the move?

Ryan Erickson

Jun 28, 2010, 5:41:54 PM via Website

every phone i have had has had a qwerty, i am ready to try something new im thinking the x

justJay
  • Forum posts: 757

Jun 29, 2010, 6:23:39 AM via App

I have the HTC Eris.. no qwerty keyboard either.. I like the on screen keyboards.. guess I got use to them with my first smart phone the BlackBerry Storm. Of course my Eris is now old news.. so the X should be awsome. I'm jealous, but my day will come when I can upgrade to the latest and greatest.

Geoff G
  • Forum posts: 4

Jul 16, 2010, 6:20:18 AM via App

my evo can only achieve 567 on quadrant benchmarking with 2.1 os. the qualcomm snapdragon seems to be the slowest 1ghz cpu out there.

Ryan Erickson
I am sad to say I no longer am a droid owner :( at least until the 15th of July. My sister wanted a droid and I told her she could have mine if I could take her early upgrade. So I will be first in line on the 15th to receive my droid x! I really hope it isn't a bust I have been watching countless videos on it and from what I have seen thus far I am very impressed. There is a video on YouTube testing it in benchmarks and it dominated in all. The evo 4g was wayyyyy behind! I will be sure to let you all know what I think when I receive it! Does anybody else plan on making the move?

Geoff G
  • Forum posts: 4

Jul 16, 2010, 6:24:52 AM via App

wait another 6 month, you may get dual core in some Samsung or Moto or Htc high end phones. as i understand, the dual core can consume even less energy, thus much more efficient than single core.

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Jul 16, 2010, 9:33:24 AM via Website

That's always the way the market goes though, if you wait a few months, something more powerful or better will come out. You eventually just have to reach a point where you can say "Okay, I want this now. No more waiting." Is it a hard decision to make? Sure, and within a few months, your purchase will be cheaper and there will be something better on the market. Innovation is the name of the game.