HTC Desire, Legend, and Wildfire to get Android 2.2 starting in Q3

• Replies:8
Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Jun 29, 2010, 2:15:24 PM via Website

I would've wrote a blog post about this, but there are so many stories today, that not every single one can get a whole blog post.

Here is the story taken straight from EuroDroid:

HTC has outlined plans to upgrade several of its Android handsets to newer versions of the OS, with the Android 2.2 “FroYo” release confirmed as on its way to the HTC Desire – and also the less-famed Wildfire and Legend Android phones.

Speaking to blog Recombu, HTC came out with the following, slightly disappointing if we’re being honest, new timescale:

“We are working hard with our partners to update the HTC Sense experience on Froyo and distribute it to our customers as fast as possible. We expect to release updates for several of our 2010 models including Desire, Legend and Wildfire beginning in Q3 “

Q3 is July/August/September, as long as HTC’s Taiwanese overlords are using the same calendar as us.

Phew, we were worried we’d have no Android update news to write now the Hero update is out of the way. Instead, we’ve got Desire, Wildfire and Legend update news to write about!

That’s THREE TIMES the amount of news about firmware launch dates.

justJay
  • Forum posts: 757

Jul 1, 2010, 1:41:56 AM via App

This is good news for all of us the have phones by HTC with a 528 MHz processor like the Wild Fire.. many post online stated the Eris or Hero's processor could't handle the 2.2 Android OS.. well so must for that theory. Looks like HTC is taking on a "no one left behind" approach.

Umer Kayani
  • Forum posts: 29

Mar 22, 2011, 5:18:51 PM via App

i hav wildfire and am nt gtng any update.still on eclair

Umer Kayani

Mar 23, 2011, 10:43:57 AM via App

I am in pakistan..and chkd on evryntwrk. even over wifi.
always the result is same. your device is up to date. 2.1:(

Umer Kayani

Mar 23, 2011, 8:38:51 PM via App

no name on it.only htc logo. nonbranded.
I sent mail to htc they said do hard reset and then try for update this may help you.Froyo is already out for wildfire so they are saying perform hardreset.Dnt knw wats the logic behind this.
so will do it 2marow and tel you.

Umer Kayani

Mar 24, 2011, 8:11:19 PM via App

:( did hard reset and still not getng any froyo update :(

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Mar 24, 2011, 9:42:27 PM via Website

My next recommendation is to call your carrier and ask them if they are holding back the Android 2.2 update for your handset, and why. At this point, I believe that this is their doing, and that you should start asking them why you haven't gotten it yet. Tell them that you talked with HTC and that they said you should have it.