How do I sink my email account on my phone with my email account when using a regular browser on a computer?

• Replies:10
Amber H.
  • Forum posts: 5

Jul 13, 2010, 10:47:48 PM via Website

The issue I'm having is when I clean out my inbox, everything I've already reviewed in my inbox using my computer is not updated using my phone, regardless of how many times I am hitting refresh. It is very frustrating. Maybe I'm doing it wrong????

Thanks for any help!

Amber H.

Jul 13, 2010, 11:53:48 PM via Website

Hotmail account

Amber H.

Jul 14, 2010, 12:07:40 AM via Website

You're awesome! Thank you :)

justJay
  • Forum posts: 757

Jul 14, 2010, 12:54:47 AM via Website

Well Amber.. I got some bad news. It seems that what you are trying to do isn't possible using the built in email program on your Adndroid phone.
A few of things you can do is...

1st: in setting reduce the amount of days emails are shown in the in box to just "today" that way you only will see emails from today.

2nd: switch auto updating to "Manual" that way you won't automaticly get a bunch of emails.

3rd: You can also set your email to "check when opening" email program. That way it only checks for new email when you open the email program.

— modified on Jul 14, 2010, 6:20:53 AM

Amber H.

Jul 14, 2010, 1:02:57 AM via Website

Well dang. Thanks for checking into this for me. I appreciate your help!!! :)

Amber H.

Jul 14, 2010, 1:29:06 AM via Website

Ok, I'll figure that out. I'm new to this phone lol!!

justJay
  • Forum posts: 757

Jul 14, 2010, 1:44:38 AM via App

Amber H.
Ok, I'll figure that out. I'm new to this phone lol!!
While in the web browser: click the menu button, then add bookmark (best to type in web address manually because as soon as you go to the website the address changes in the address bar to something really long).

Once you have saved the bookmark exit out of browser altogether.

Now longpress (hold finger on blank spot on homescreen until menu pops up) then choose "shortcut", then "bookmark", then choose the bookmark you created earlier.

— modified on Jul 14, 2010, 1:53:10 AM