how do i d/l free apps from this site ,help for a newbie needed

• Replies:9
paul phastasphuck
  • Forum posts: 2

Jul 17, 2010, 11:44:44 PM via Website

Hi how do i download an APP for my new phone from this site , i find an app i want but cant find no download link to get it , any help would be great thanks!!!!!

justJay
  • Forum posts: 757

Jul 18, 2010, 2:17:21 AM via Website

First... Using you phone; download a barcode reader/scanner (like "Barcode Scanner"). Then you can scan those square QR-Codes on your computer screen with your phone and it will take you directly to that app on the Android Market.

— modified on Jul 18, 2010, 2:19:16 AM

paul phastasphuck
  • Forum posts: 2

Jul 20, 2010, 12:56:45 AM via Website

Thanks for the reply but what i mean is how can i d/l an app from this site and d/l it to my pc for free , as my daughters keep wanting apps with out costing to download them on there phones but to there pc & then to there phones.

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Jul 20, 2010, 12:21:13 PM via Website

AndroidPIT doesn't currently allow for download of apps from the AndroidPIT website. The website here is for accessing our database to research and get details. If you see an app on AndroidPIT that you want to download, there is usually a link to the Android Market, where you can DL the app there. Why do your daughters not want to download them with their phone? Do they not have a data plan? If they have no data plan, they can use Wi-Fi to download for free.

As far as I know, PCs cannot access the Android Market, so the only way would be to get ahold of the apk file, but even then, they would need an emulator or something like that to even run it. How does DLing apps to the phone first make things easier or faster? It seems to me like that would make things more complicated.

Bren Safr
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 19, 2010, 12:23:55 AM via Website

how do i get an app onto my phone w/o a PC? is there a MarketApp on the phone? (i recently de-bricked a bricked phone bought from ebay)
please help

Guy Legendre
  • Forum posts: 1

Dec 4, 2010, 5:07:36 AM via Website

Well, unfortunatly i don't have access to data service on my android phone. I only have a voice plan. would be nice to be able to download an .apk from the web site to my PC so i can install it to my phone.
Any ideas anyone !?!

Maybe that could be an improvement for Android Market.

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Dec 5, 2010, 7:15:29 AM via Website

Guy Legendre
Well, unfortunatly i don't have access to data service on my android phone. I only have a voice plan. would be nice to be able to download an .apk from the web site to my PC so i can install it to my phone.
Any ideas anyone !?!

Maybe that could be an improvement for Android Market.

Theres alternative sites, try slideme.org and getjar.com

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Dec 5, 2010, 8:42:13 PM via Website

I forgot, you can also download the apk's from www.androidpit.com, if the developer has uploaded them. Go to apps section of android pit on your computer. Search for the app, if it has been uploaded by the developer you can download it from the description page. I've posted an image below showing where the link to download is: