How do you disable the auto lock feature on droid LG Ally

• Replies:6
  • Answered
tom k.
  • Forum posts: 4

Jul 28, 2010, 4:16:27 AM via App

This locking feature is getting really annoying . every time the screengoes dark I have to unlock it again and again. Is there a fix or an app that will disable this feature.

Lisa helton

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Jul 28, 2010, 11:35:41 AM via Website

When you say unlock, what exactly do you mean? If you don't have any kind of unlock pattern, then all that you have to do is hit the unlock button, or swipe across the screen. If that is what you are complaining about, then use justJay's method. If you are talking about something else, read on.

If you go into settings and then location and security, you can disable screen locks. I can't tell you how many times I feel like I've lost the handset (luckily I haven't yet, but there have been some scary times let me tell you), so I have a lock pattern on the phone to make sure that someone can't just pick it up (if I leave it somewhere) and start using it without thinking that they should return it.

As for adjusting the time for the display to darken, that is chosen under settings, sound and display, and finally screen timeout.

tom k.
  • Forum posts: 4

Jul 29, 2010, 4:47:21 AM via Website

Thankyou for the help Justjay. Im new to the android market, and your help was kind and to the point. I installed no lock and it works great.

Laura Cleary
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 24, 2011, 4:01:37 AM via Website

There is no setting under security on the ally to disable or delay the swipe lock, or not that I can find anyway. I will try No Lock. Autolock did not work.