How do you disable the auto lock feature on droid LG Ally

• Replies:6
  • OpenNot stickiedAnswered

Jul 28, 2010 4:16:27 AM

This locking feature is getting really annoying . every time the screengoes dark I have to unlock it again and again. Is there a fix or an app that will disable this feature.

Jul 28, 2010 11:35:41 AM

When you say unlock, what exactly do you mean? If you don't have any kind of unlock pattern, then all that you have to do is hit the unlock button, or swipe across the screen. If that is what you are complaining about, then use justJay's method. If you are talking about something else, read on.

If you go into settings and then location and security, you can disable screen locks. I can't tell you how many times I feel like I've lost the handset (luckily I haven't yet, but there have been some scary times let me tell you), so I have a lock pattern on the phone to make sure that someone can't just pick it up (if I leave it somewhere) and start using it without thinking that they should return it.

As for adjusting the time for the display to darken, that is chosen under settings, sound and display, and finally screen timeout.