How To: Install Flash 10.1 On Android 2.1 Eclair Devices

• Replies:38
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Sep 10, 2010 1:24:26 PM

I believe that HTC said any phone released in 2010 will be receiving Android 2.2, and seeing as how the Wildfire was released in 2010 (right?), it should be getting Android 2.2. Usually the ability to download Adobe Flash 10.1 comes with Android 2.2, however, your phone has a very small screen and a low-end processor that might not be powerful enough to support Adobe Flash 10.1. You'll just have to wait and see.

— modified on Sep 26, 2011 2:44:50 PM by moderator

Sep 13, 2010 11:52:37 AM

The new processor, 528MHz probably, may be enough to theoretically support it (especially thanks to the smaller amount of pixels due to the small screen), but I am fairly sure that the usage will not be on par with the higher end phones, however, it may still work half-way decent. Most Flash enabled phones are sporting 600MHz minimum clock speeds on a better CPU architecture, so don't be surprised if the performance isn't what you expected.

— modified on Dec 21, 2011 5:17:19 PM by moderator

Nov 18, 2010 9:56:40 PM

I know the Mototrola Cliq received it's 2.1 install yesterday so I am probably premature, but has anyone installed this for a Cliq with the new update? I am hesitant to do it as the Droid had issues and the OS on the Droid is similar to that on the Cliq. I have had enough Force Close and restart issues with my phone I was hoping someone knew if it had been successful before I gummed up the works further...

Nov 19, 2010 10:44:43 AM

justJay said he couldn't get it working on the Motorola Droid, so it likely will not work on the CLIQ either. I believe that this method is for HTC phones in general, so you may not have any luck trying this with your CLIQ. If you do give it a try however, let us know how it works.

— modified on Sep 26, 2011 2:45:23 PM by moderator

Nov 26, 2010 2:37:08 AM

Don't anticipate it's a botheration with the app. Beam currently alone works on ARMv7 devices. The SF has a ARMv6 processor and cannot handle beam currently. Unless Adobe decides to accompany it for ARMv6 devices, the alone way is beam lite really.

Dec 15, 2010 11:17:51 PM

I tried it out on my Huawei Ascend M860 and it did nothing. Any site I tried always said I needed to install flash. Plus after I installed it my phone started partially rebooting whenever I would close out of most of my apps. So I uninstalled it. It seems it won't work on my phone.

— modified on Sep 26, 2011 2:46:15 PM by moderator

Jan 10, 2011 12:17:31 PM

Then the software must not have worked for my handset then. I checked the mobile site and still wasn't able to watch any videos =/ luckily Android 2.2 is supposed to be very close for the Galaxy S, so it likely won't be very long.

— modified on Sep 26, 2011 2:54:52 PM by moderator

May 23, 2011 6:58:36 PM

installed on scroll tab but wont work when trial on bbc iplayer, is there an answer for the scroll 7" 2.1, im able to root it will this make a diff, and wot are the benefits of rooting as i cant access android market with 2.1 as it doesnt recognise the tablet !!

Dec 14, 2011 11:44:40 AM

THANK YOU FOR YOUR POSTING... I WAS ABLE TO INSTALL THE ADOBE FLASH 10.1...ON MY SANYO ZIO 2.2 FROYO..
BUT IT WONT INSTALL ONTO MY MEMORY CARD..???
IS THERE A WAY I CAN DO THIS?
ALSO, ARE THERE ANY NEW UPDATES AVAILABLE FOR ADOBE FLASH USING THE APK FILE???
SOME OF THE SITES SUCH AS SONY, CRACKLE, ARE ASKING FOR A NEW VERSION OF ADOBE FLASH.??

ANY HELP YOU COULD OFFER, WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED...!!!!

THAK YOU
ALEXIS
UNGJL4@AOL.COM