How to Activate LauncherPro?

• Replies:9
  • Answered
Paul deBruyn
  • Forum posts: 5

Aug 1, 2010, 2:36:47 AM via Website

I had LauncherPro Beta installed at one time. I uninstalled it and just downloaded LaucherPro. My prob is that it won't start. Can anyone tell me how to activate it?
Thx.
Paul

Kerry Wagner
  • Forum posts: 32

Aug 1, 2010, 3:53:49 AM via App

Is it the plus version, if so did you get activation code via email, need to input code prior to it working. Also can go to LauncherPro website, check out their forum, alot of great help.

justJay
  • Forum posts: 757

Aug 1, 2010, 4:29:46 AM via Website

Go to setting, then applications,then manage applications...

Now find the LauncherPro app

Click on it and you will see "clear defaults" about half way down.

Click to clear (if you can't "click to clear" you will need to un-install and then re-install).

Once done:

Click your phones "Home" button and you will see a pop-up screen that will give you the option to choose the Android standard "Home" or LauncherPro.

Note: do not click the "use by default" check-box until you want one of them to truly be your default. Each time you click your phones "Home" button you will get the pop-up option screen until you do click the box.

— modified on Aug 1, 2010, 4:46:07 AM

Paul deBruyn

Aug 1, 2010, 4:33:42 AM via Website

No, I don't have the Plus version, I downloaded the Free version from Market. It is v7.1.0, which I believe is the latest.
I did not receive an activation code in my email. I'm guessing that only applies to the Plus (paid) version.
Am searching the LauncherPro website as per your advice but I am finding only info re: Plus version.
Paul

Paul deBruyn

Aug 1, 2010, 4:37:40 AM via Website

justJay: I followed your advice, got to the Manage Application page, but when I select LaucherPro, I find a "Lauch by default" section but everyting is grayed ut. It also says "No defaults set".
Paul

justJay

Aug 1, 2010, 4:40:45 AM via Website

Un-install.. re-install...

Once done:

Click your phones "Home" button and you will see a pop-up screen that will give you the option to choose the Android standard "Home" or LauncherPro.

Note: do not click the "use by default" check-box until you want one of them to truly be your default. Each time you click your phones "Home" button you will get the pop-up option screen until you do click the box.

— modified on Aug 1, 2010, 4:45:12 AM

Paul deBruyn

Aug 1, 2010, 5:11:16 AM via Website

justJay: I think you nailed it. I tried the uninstall/reinstall but no joy.
However, when I once had LaucherPro BETA installed, I DID check the 'Use by Default" box selecting the standard Android launcher. And it apparently remains selected.
I guess there's no way of resetting that switch.
Thanks anyway.
Paul

Paul deBruyn

Aug 1, 2010, 5:30:51 AM via Website

Well, Hallelulia! When I hit Home button now, I get a popup that offers me Android, OR Helix OR LauncherPro!! And they all work!
A surplus of goodies!
Thx.
Paul

justJay

Aug 1, 2010, 6:12:11 AM via Website

Glad to help...

You can also set it up to have more then three Home Screens (which is the default).

When using HelixLauncher for example:
  • press your phone's Menu button
  • Then "Configure"
  • then "Screen Size"
  • a WARNING screen will pop-up
  • just hit your phones "Back" button once
  • then choose how many screens you want (7 max)
  • click "Set"
  • then "Yes" to restart HelixLauncher
  • You now have more screens

Note: you will need to move your Home screen icon/widgets back to the "center' screen (they will have shifted)

— modified on Aug 1, 2010, 6:15:35 AM