The process com.htc.bg has stopped unexpectedly!

• Replies:7
HL Lee
  • Forum posts: 4

Aug 2, 2010, 12:18:13 PM via Website

Recently I'd encountered frequent error message as above and need to Force Close the error window.
Anyone has any idea what's the problem on how to fix it?

Furthermore, since yesterday, the Exchange Active Sync stopped working for my email Inbox while it continue to work perfectly for other folders of my email, Friend Stream or Weather.
It had somehow just stopped synchronising my Inbox.

Any help from anyone to enlighten me on this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Thxs a lot.

rgds,
hllee

HL Lee

Aug 2, 2010, 4:34:50 PM via Website

Hi Doug,
The internal memory available is 30MB.
Is this causing the com.htc.bg process problem?
Is the process problem directly affecting the email sync problem?
What can I do to make more storage space available?

Would appreciate yr kind advise.
Thxs.

rgds,
hllee

— modified on Dec 20, 2011, 4:27:30 PM by moderator

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Aug 2, 2010, 5:45:09 PM via Website

You can try to delete some apps to increase the internal memory and see if you gain more stability.

As for the email sync app, make sure that you haven't changed any of your settings in the Accounts and sync section under settings. disabling a data connection or having a task killer might be targeting whatever syncs the apps and shut them down.

HL Lee

Aug 3, 2010, 8:18:36 AM via Website

Hi Doug,
I'd increased my available internal memory storage to 60MB but still could not get rid of the said process stoppage problem.
The funny thing is that it only impacted the synchronization of the Inbox in Exchange Active Sync whereas there were no problem with others such as "Deleted" or "Sent" folders.
By the way, is there anyway I can perform a hard reset on the Legend set or force update the operating firmware/software?

Looking forward to yr kind guidance.
Thxs.

rgds,
hllee

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Aug 3, 2010, 11:58:07 AM via Website

Well, if you feel you are ready to try the reset, then take a look here maybe:
http://www.knowyourmobile.com/smartphones/htc/htclegend/legenduserguides/434960/how_to_factory_reset_the_htc_legend.html

Or maybe here at the official HTC site:
http://www.htc.com/europe/howto.aspx?id=158&type=1&p_id=313

Make sure you back up what you can't afford to lose. I hope this helps, so let me know what you do.

HL Lee

Aug 3, 2010, 4:43:03 PM via Website

Thxs for the link but I'm not prepared to perform factory reset. Was just looking for the possibility of a hard reset (without losing data) without resorting to factory reset.
Meanwhile I'd managed to resolve the Exchange Active Sync problem by deleting the email account and re-set-up a new one. Apparently the newly re-set-up account can perform the synchronization on all my mail folders without problem but not sure for how long it would remain in the desirable working order though.
Anyway, I'm still trying to find ways to get rid of the process stop error which I'm sure is still impacting the application in the background.

rgds,
hllee

— modified on Dec 20, 2011, 4:28:55 PM by moderator