easy root

• Replies:50
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Feb 15, 2012 4:40:35 PM via Website

Pavan P
Hi Eric, no it does not. So, obviously, it has not rooted. The question is how to get this rooted. Used gingerbreak, but just doesnt complete the process. Thanks again Eric.

Yeah, that error message you got before proves you dont have root access. What is the exact model name of the device you have?

Feb 15, 2012 4:53:35 PM via Website

Eric McBride
Pavan P
Hi Eric, no it does not. So, obviously, it has not rooted. The question is how to get this rooted. Used gingerbreak, but just doesnt complete the process. Thanks again Eric.

Yeah, that error message you got before proves you dont have root access. What is the exact model name of the device you have?

Well Eric, this is a MID tablet and there is no model number as such. This is a capacitive model with 2.3 installed. I will get some details from the system and send it to you in a while. You are being very helpful. Thanks Eric.

Feb 15, 2012 5:09:48 PM via Website

Model Number - MID SERIALS
Android version 2.3
Kernal Version - 2.6.35.7 MID serials #1 Fri oct 28 07:32:47 EDT 2011
Build Number - MID serials 2.3 GRH55 20111 028.072347

Eric, this is what it is.

Feb 20, 2012 3:11:33 PM via Website

Pavan P

Whats the exact model number of your device? I can have a look for some rooting instructions.

Feb 29, 2012 9:11:18 PM via App

Does any one know how to root the Galaxy S 4g without using a computer? If so please let me know ne and all information would b greatly appreciated :)

Mar 14, 2012 7:45:59 PM via App

Jrod W
I was looking around on "app brain" (thanks androidPIT) and came across an app called "easy root". I was hoping to get someone's insight who may have tried this. Also opinions on rooting pros vs cons keeping in mind 2.2 is right around the corner for my moto Droid. thanks in advance.