Manual Update to 2.2

• Replies:8
  • Answered
Randy Merrell
  • Forum posts: 58

Aug 4, 2010, 5:08:07 AM via Website

I did the manual update shown on Phandroid.com. It works grate. I really like the camera improvements. I see the option for tethering and it appears to work. Can someone tell me how to test it?

aijin28
  • Forum posts: 53

Aug 4, 2010, 6:15:43 AM via Website

i visited the phandroid.com i cant find the article.. can you please share the link? thank you i hope it can work on Samsung phones

(though i saw there that facebook app had a major facelift lol) =p

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Aug 4, 2010, 11:27:55 AM via Website

So it did come with tethering? Interesting, because a Verizon spokesperson said it wouldn't...

Here is how I can enable tethering on my Galaxy S:

1. settings
  2. wireless and network
  3. mobile AP settings
  4. and then go into the settings and configure as you want to

Let me know if those directions work out okay.

Douglas Carter

Aug 4, 2010, 11:29:51 AM via Website

aijin28
i visited the phandroid.com i cant find the article.. can you please share the link? thank you i hope it can work on Samsung phones

(though i saw there that facebook app had a major facelift lol) =p

The update is only for the Droid, so it won't work on your phone unfortunately. I haven't seen your phone being rumored for Android 2.2 yet. You are running Android 2.1, right?

aijin28
  • Forum posts: 53

Aug 4, 2010, 12:53:20 PM via Website

@Douglas i see, its not for my phone..thats a bummer
.....and yes my phone runs on 2.1

Douglas Carter

Aug 4, 2010, 12:54:54 PM via Website

aijin28
@Douglas i see, its not for my phone..thats a bummer
.....and yes my phone runs on 2.1
Don't give up, as someone may create an Android 2.2 ROM for you phone, you just have to keep your eyes open.

khairo
  • Forum posts: 63

Aug 17, 2010, 2:36:06 PM via App

douglas, will it work on milestone...? if it could, is it safe..?

Douglas Carter

Aug 17, 2010, 2:52:21 PM via Website

I would say no. The Droid works on Verizon's network in the US. From what I have understood, Verizon uses a different radio band from pretty much any other carrier. The Milestone, while being almost the same phone, works in Europe and many other countries, because it operates on a different frequency than the regular Droid.

The update for the Droid very likely will not work on the Milestone. There should be an Android 2.2 update coming to the Milestone soon. I posted about it a few weeks ago, but I forget what the expected date was. I would assume that it shouldn't take very long, as the Droid and Milestone are very similar.