Help with 2.2

• Replies:3
Kerry Wagner
  • Forum posts: 32

Aug 4, 2010, 2:16:46 PM via App

Can't get my phone(droid) to let me download update. zip file to root of sd card. Keep getting message don't have rights to access file. I have tried downloading file to phone & moving to root with astro file manager and also tried to drag & drop in computer by using swiFTP. But no luck either way, what am I doing wrong, any help would be greatly appreciated.

— modified on Aug 4, 2010, 2:19:18 PM

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Aug 4, 2010, 4:11:47 PM via Website

Do you have previous experience moving files to your SD card? I don't think you need special software to place a file on your phone's SD card, so maybe you should give it a try. Make sure to mount it and unmount it and what-not. I'll have a tutorial up on the Blogs and News section very soon.

Kerry Wagner

Aug 4, 2010, 7:04:08 PM via App

No experience moving files, just followed directions on the various websites, ie: phandroid, that were offering ways to get phone to 2.2

Kerry Wagner

Aug 4, 2010, 9:09:24 PM via App

Tried again & this time got it to run, just installed it from sd card, didn't have to put in root file, so far so good, running a little slow down far & my anti-virus is checking apps non-stop, hopefully checking cause believes all new downloads.