How do fat &/or big people type on Android?

• Replies:2
Phil
  • Forum posts: 47

Aug 6, 2010, 7:29:59 PM via App

Not meaning to be insulting here but you know who you are and my question is a serious one.
My last phone was the full Qwerty HTC TyanII/Tilt and I really liked the keyboard. I knew the N1 was going to be a keyboard compromise. Overall I like the phone and can live with the drawbacks.
However, my constant typing mistakes are annoying and time consuming. I would estimate my correction rate is one word of every 4-5 words typed. Unacceptable to me. Some letters are a constant problem; O for P, Spacebar for C, S for A, N for period, etc. As I am not a big guy (5'10", 175lbs), it makes me think bigger people with larger thumbs are going bonkers when typing or simple not typing anymore
Is this true? Is there some keyboard app that is a must have I don't know about? I've tried one well-recommended keyboard app but didn't notice much of a difference & uninstalled it.
Just wondering.
Cheers,
Phil

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Aug 7, 2010, 7:37:32 AM via Website

Hi Phil, there are multiple keyboard apps on the market. I still use the standard keyboard that comes with android. One thing you might want to try is to calibrate the touch input. If you go to settings -> Language and Keyboard -> Touch Input ->Text Input -> Calibration tool. It may help. I think one of the best new keyboards is called Swype, its a new way to type aswell. I haven't tried it either but it may work for you.

Phil
  • Forum posts: 47

Aug 8, 2010, 2:06:49 PM via App

The Swype beta is closed now. It looks interesting enough to try. Thanks for the calibration note. I havn't done that and will now.
Cheers,
Phil