What's your job and do you like it?

• Replies:28
Phil
  • Forum posts: 47

Aug 6, 2010, 10:25:01 PM via App

Just curious who's here.
Me, a marine engineer. I work on boats & yes, I do like it.

Markus Gu
  • Forum posts: 2,644

Aug 7, 2010, 12:21:06 AM via App

android developer and i like it!!!!!

swordiApps Blog - Website

Phil

Aug 7, 2010, 12:59:02 AM via App

android developer, thats cool. What's a good resource that would introduce someone to developing android apps?
Glad to hear you like your job.
Phil

Anthony m
  • Forum posts: 34

Aug 7, 2010, 6:49:57 AM via App

I sell phones (can really say where) but its an awesome job..you should check google app inventor if u want to make apps

— modified on Aug 7, 2010, 6:52:31 AM

khairo
  • Forum posts: 63

Aug 8, 2010, 1:58:31 PM via App

my job is to study,study and study all day long... :-)

but my ambition is to become an aerospace engineer

Ryan Erickson
  • Forum posts: 93

Aug 8, 2010, 7:43:16 PM via App

i work at a dog kennel lol. its alright

Phil

Aug 9, 2010, 3:30:07 PM via Website

khairo
my job is to study,study and study all day long... :-)

but my ambition is to become an aerospace engineer

I don't know if you have this site but I'll pass it along,

http://www.unitedspacealliance.com/

This is the hiring website for Nasa Kennedy Space center. This was given to me by a 10 year safety inspector for Nasa and it's focused of college grads.

Cheers,
Phil

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Aug 10, 2010, 12:14:27 PM via Website

My job is everything Android. It's good work, it pays the bills, and it is usually very interesting. The best part are the projects. I like Android, I like technical stuff, so it fits my likes. Sometimes I feel like it absorbs me more than I want it to though.

— modified on Aug 11, 2010, 10:53:23 AM

Jrod W
  • Forum posts: 43

Aug 11, 2010, 12:46:37 AM via App

I'm a sales Rep for MillerCoors. do I like it? lol

Douglas Carter

Aug 11, 2010, 10:52:59 AM via Website

Jrod W
I'm a sales Rep for MillerCoors. do I like it? lol

So what exactly does that mean? Do you get free beer or something? I lived in the US, and I think if you do get free beer, and that is the main draw, you should think about moving to Germany for their beer.

Jrod W

Aug 11, 2010, 7:56:51 PM via App

its not so much the free beer as its the fact that everyone loves the beer Guy. and I hear about every party in a 200 mile radius

Douglas Carter

Aug 12, 2010, 12:13:54 PM via Website

That is pretty awesome. So you take beer orders at a desk, or do you deliver beer, or do you go out to businesses and take beer orders there? I am intrigued to say the least.

Jrod W

Aug 13, 2010, 3:40:53 AM via App

I mostly go to accounts like bars or clubs and talk to the employees and customers. then I use a program specially designed for my Droid to send an order to my warehouse. Funny how even this story involved my moto droid.

Pino
  • Forum posts: 4

Aug 13, 2010, 12:37:37 PM via App

I wash up dishes and clean up in a restaurant kitchen and yes - I do like it.

— modified on Aug 13, 2010, 12:43:57 PM

tom k.
  • Forum posts: 4

Aug 14, 2010, 7:39:09 PM via App

Im a computer and laser printer repair technician. Yes i love fixing computer equipment but because printers are so cheap now i cant earn enough money.

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Aug 15, 2010, 4:39:11 AM via Website

At one time I was a computer repair technician too. But now I'm a CNC machinist. It's interesting work sometimes and pays the bills, but what I really love is game programming. I'm trying to get going making android games in my spare time.

khairo
  • Forum posts: 63

Aug 15, 2010, 3:50:18 PM via App

anyway, i used to work as 'flyers distributor' during past school holidays.. i had to distrubute 2000 flyers and my pay was just about 1sgd per 100 copies.. i couldnt finish distributing all of it, afraid of being scolded, i purposely gave each person 2-3 pieces! even worst,i threw away all the remainings !! hahaha!

peace out there !

Douglas Carter

Aug 16, 2010, 12:13:54 PM via Website

Jeremiah McLeod
At one time I was a computer repair technician too. But now I'm a CNC machinist. It's interesting work sometimes and pays the bills, but what I really love is game programming. I'm trying to get going making android games in my spare time.

I saw a story on the BBC (i think it was), about a guy in the US who gave up his day job to develop apps for the iTunes market. He advertised his services as an app developers, offering to make an app for people that had a good idea, but couldn't program it themselves. I think he took a percentage or something like that from every sale. It was interesting to watch. I looked for it but couldn't find it =/

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Aug 17, 2010, 7:30:40 AM via Website

Douglas Carter
Jeremiah McLeod

I saw a story on the BBC (i think it was), about a guy in the US who gave up his day job to develop apps for the iTunes market. He advertised his services as an app developers, offering to make an app for people that had a good idea, but couldn't program it themselves. I think he took a percentage or something like that from every sale. It was interesting to watch. I looked for it but couldn't find it =/

Thats pretty cool, I can't quit my job right now. But who knows what will happen :)

Phil

Aug 23, 2010, 6:55:34 PM via App

Actually at the moment I'm unemployed and about to sit for a big Coast Guard license upgrade on 9/1. Once that's done I'll be looking for work my girl and I can do together, probably a boat somewhere. If you know of anyone looking for an operational engineer, I can do about anything, let me know :)

Douglas Carter

Aug 24, 2010, 11:44:31 AM via Website

Phil
Actually at the moment I'm unemployed and about to sit for a big Coast Guard license upgrade on 9/1. Once that's done I'll be looking for work my girl and I can do together, probably a boat somewhere. If you know of anyone looking for an operational engineer, I can do about anything, let me know :)

[I don't have much nautical knowledge] A license upgrade to what, and is your girl, really your girl? Or do you have a vessel that you refer to as your girl? I have heard things, so I'm curious...

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 349

Nov 19, 2010, 10:50:48 AM via Website

google translate said that my job is called "application development in computer science", well i hope that it's right.. :D

and by the way:

lol O.o
i didn't notice that there's also an english androidpit site.. well, nice! :D

greets, kosta

FS1
  • Forum posts: 3

Jan 17, 2011, 4:39:33 AM via App

Does anyone know were to get a job that one can do from the house and get paid?

Yan Matusevich
  • Forum posts: 305

Jan 17, 2011, 8:30:05 AM via Website

I'm still a student, although I am really close to being finished. I really enjoy and love being a student, but get back to me in a couple months about how I like my job....that's if I manage to land a good job, that is :D

Douglas Carter

Jan 17, 2011, 4:29:10 PM via Website

Yan M.
I'm still a student, although I am really close to being finished. I really enjoy and love being a student, but get back to me in a couple months about how I like my job....that's if I manage to land a good job, that is :D

What kind of job are you hoping to find?

Ryan
  • Forum posts: 146

Sep 27, 2011, 10:49:45 AM via Website

actually I'm a draughtsman, and musician/junior producer

I like only one of thes jobs... guess wich one?

Abdul Maluf
  • Forum posts: 18

Oct 5, 2011, 4:11:19 AM via App

well,I'm a mechanical engineer currently working for rolls royce..I love my job and I'm living my dreams in my 20's.. :p