Droid x or droid 2??

• Replies:4
Ryan Erickson
  • Forum posts: 93

Aug 15, 2010, 5:07:41 PM via App

What phone would you pick and why.i just recently picked up the x and not sure if I want to get the droid 2, what do you guys think?

Casey Beth
  • Forum posts: 79

Aug 16, 2010, 1:25:29 AM via App

that completely depends on the features that are important to you and how you will be using your phone. there's some great comparisons of the two on the web and inside some verizon stores

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Aug 16, 2010, 11:53:17 AM via Website

@justJay: pretty much. They have the same processor I think. The Droid X has a larger screen with a few more pixels, but other than that, I think the internals are fairly similar. The Droid X also has an 8MP camera, but I think that is overkill for a device without a tripod mounting, as it will almost always be a bit shaky. I'd rather have a 5MP camera with a good lens. However, I'm not sure on the difference in lenses between the two.

So you can still return your Droid X? How is the lack of a keyboard for you? I suppose you could go in and ask if you can trade in your Droid X for a Droid 2, and then give it back again if you don't like the Droid 2 as much as the Droid X. I would try both if I had the chance. It is smaller, so it may get more battery life than the Droid X. Keep me updated on your decision.

— modified on Aug 16, 2010, 11:56:59 AM

Anthony m
  • Forum posts: 34

Aug 17, 2010, 9:53:55 AM via App

I'll tell you u one thing, there's definitely more of a demand for the x than the 2..you'll have better luck finding the 2 in stock...