Rating Apps

• Replies:5
Kawin
  • Forum posts: 3

Aug 21, 2010, 5:45:26 PM via Website

I got the DroidX a month ago and absolutely LOVE it!!

I would like to be able to give positive ratings to some of the apps I really like and haven't figured out how do do that. Any directions would be appreciated.

Also I would like to get rid some of the crap Verizon preloaded on there but I don't know if I want to re-root my phone myself. Some of the other Android sites are for hackers and that's just not me.

:grin: Thanks,

Kawin

Kawin

Aug 23, 2010, 3:36:15 AM via Website

Thanks Kay. It was right there. Helps if I just scrolled down :)

I've downloaded several apps. Seems like the phone is getting sluggish. I've read about moving apps to the SD card. Are you familiar with this?

:)

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Aug 23, 2010, 12:30:23 PM via Website

Apps2SD card is a function that will come with Android 2.2. Your Droid X should be getting Android 2.2 shortly, hopefully within the month. In the meantime, if your phone is getting slow, go to settings, Sd card and phone storage, and take a look at the internal phone storage and internal SD card storage as well.

If there are less than 10-20MB of data left on them, go to settings, applications, manage applications, and remove some apps that you can do without for right now (preferably the ones that are big and useless. You may also want to see if the location where you are saving movies and pictures is almost full, as that may be slowing your phone down as well.

Kawin

Kawin

Aug 23, 2010, 9:10:04 PM via Website

Thanks Doug....you're gonna laugh because I have many GB left. Must be just where I've been lately but at least now I know how to check.

I had read about the Apps2SD and will watch for it.

Thanks again,

Kawin

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Aug 24, 2010, 12:21:12 PM via Website

No problem, yesterday I was having problems with too little space, and so I dug around in the phone's SD cards, and found that I had one folder with 5.5GB of data inside. I was floored, and so I googled the folder name to find out what it was. It turns out that the phone's media/picture gallery creates thumbnails of the content (photos and videos) inside the phone, and i have more than 600 photos in there. That still doesn't really explain the reason for 5.5GB of thumbnails, but I just deleted the folder, and opened up a lot more space. Now my phone runs way faster! :D