[Game] GeoStar

• Replies:21
Kafeine
  • Forum posts: 12

Aug 25, 2010, 11:11:07 PM via Website

GeoStar has been updated to version 1.04 (Better button, new game mode : Survivor Mode).
(Official website)

GeoStar

GeoStar is available in English, French, German, Korean, Japanese, Russian and Spanish.

There is a lite version (no 4flag Questions and no survivor mode) for those who do not want to pay.

com.dontneedcoffee.geostarfree
(this is still version 1.03 with old style button. Will be updated really soon).

— modified on Aug 25, 2010, 11:21:08 PM

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Aug 26, 2010, 12:38:01 PM via Website

I downloaded the free version, and tried it out. It is very well put together, and some of the questions are pretty hard (which I like). MY only complaint is that sometimes I accidentally press another button after I get the question right (due to the occasional lag between pressing the correct answer, and the switch to the next question, or sometimes the time limit switching the question), which makes me get the next question wrong. However, that is something that I will probably adapt to as I play it more. Great job making such an entertaining and challenging game.

Kafeine

Aug 26, 2010, 7:00:49 PM via Website

Many Thanks Douglas for the Feedback.

I'll try to work on that.

New version 1.04 Free is out (with enhanced button but should not fix the problem your are talking about).
I do not face this on Nexus One. Maybe a little on HTC Hero. I'll try to improve the code to avoid the latency.

Frank W.
  • Forum posts: 5,103

Aug 26, 2010, 9:15:54 PM via Website

Hello,

I tested the lite-version on my htc Magic (with Android 2.2). It's really a nice game. For me (perhaps because of the new version) the buttons works good.

I switched the language to german. I saw, that not the hole app is translated in german. E.g. the questions are still in english. Perhaps I can help you with the full translation.

Frank

"Irgendwann, möglicherweise aber auch nie, werde ich dich bitten, mir eine kleine Gefälligkeit zu erweisen." (Don Corleone) Für ein friedliches Miteinander"

Kafeine

Aug 26, 2010, 10:08:56 PM via Website

Wow Frank !!! :blink: Thanks a lot for the proposal. Thanks ! That would help a lot.
I will prepare an Online Docs and will send you the link in 1 or 2 days.
If you are still ok. Will integrate you in the Greetings as soon as translation is applied.

Charlie (aka Kafeine).

Frank W.

Aug 27, 2010, 8:01:54 AM via Website

Well, all right. I sent you an e-mail.

Be sure, it's ok for me even today. A post in the english forum needs about 10 minutes for me. Enough time to think things over. :grin:

Frank

"Irgendwann, möglicherweise aber auch nie, werde ich dich bitten, mir eine kleine Gefälligkeit zu erweisen." (Don Corleone) Für ein friedliches Miteinander"

Kafeine

Aug 30, 2010, 7:30:58 PM via Website

Frank.
Thanks !!! v1.07 with DE (+NL + zh_CN) has been uploaded.
You can take a look. I've not implemented the Greetings box right now...i'll try to make this soon (or maybe will add Translator Name next to language name)

Frank W.

Aug 30, 2010, 9:57:42 PM via Website

I assaulted your file right after the update again to fix some minor faults of mine. I hope it's ok for you :*)

Kafeine

Aug 30, 2010, 11:10:55 PM via Website

Yes sure !
Thanks for your time Frank !

Lynn Kowk
  • Forum posts: 5

Aug 31, 2010, 11:15:24 AM via Website

[content removed by moderator]

— modified on Aug 31, 2010, 11:38:30 AM by moderator

Douglas Carter

Aug 31, 2010, 12:04:17 PM via Website

I downloaded the update as well. I've always been somewhat of a Geography geek, so it entertains me. What I really like about the app is that the game is able to work off-line and doesn't require a data connection to function. One of the times I played, I think the title of my skill was "einsiedler" (with the shepard picture), which is German, and leads me to believe that the German translations got inside the English version somehow.

— modified on Aug 31, 2010, 12:04:37 PM

Kafeine

Aug 31, 2010, 8:25:53 PM via Website

Thanks Douglas. Still the same behaviour with the button, i guess, than before?

In fact since the first version there was some German inside.
I used google translate and remove the german for every string I was not 100% sure. (but all country, town were in german...and some few strings).

Now since 1.07 should be 99% translated thanks to Frank.
(the only thing changed, through Settings/Language inside the program was country name and town. To change the whole language (menu/buttons) the phone must be in that language...)

— modified on Aug 31, 2010, 8:29:45 PM

Douglas Carter

Sep 1, 2010, 7:12:29 AM via Website

Kafeine
Thanks Douglas. Still the same behaviour with the button, i guess, than before?

It seems to be much better now. I didn't mention it, maybe because the app improved so much that it wasn't a problem for me anymore =D Have you thought about joining the AndroidPIT Developer community?

— modified on Sep 1, 2010, 7:12:56 AM

Kafeine

Sep 1, 2010, 10:50:16 AM via Website

Hum... I have a developer page :
https://www.nextpit.com/en/android/developer/421764/Kafeine
And have uploaded both my Free and Paid app.
Am also looking for developer to exchange localisation Work :
https://www.nextpit.com/en/android/forum/thread/403944/Looking-for-Localisation-Exchange
(already found 2 developer searching in the Developers by country...but still looking for more :) )

Is this being part of AndroidPit Developer Community ?
If not, how can I join this community ?

Kafeine

— modified on Sep 1, 2010, 10:53:33 AM

Kafeine

Sep 7, 2010, 6:50:32 PM via Website

v1.08 ( Minor update - only localisation work)
Small fix from Frank on DE language integrated.
New Language : PL (early Alpha) and CS (thanks to Martin 'Case' Fiala).

Douglas Carter

Sep 10, 2010, 9:40:11 PM via App

I just realized that when the orientation is changed, the timer resets itself. I can continually do it on the same question, possibly giving me an unlimited time to answer each question.

Kafeine

Sep 10, 2010, 10:12:40 PM via Website

Yes. I knew...
Now am told of, I'll fix this. A new version will come next week.I'll integrate this correction.
(+Full Translation from Settings (cause right now only DB/Questions) + Russian + Czech + Japanese)

Am working on new locator also...2 users have complained about the size. Far too little.
I'll fix that but it's a huge amount of job to create the locators (i used the one from the CIA WorldFact book).

I love the Grey-Green Ortographic Projection http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grey-green_orthographic_projections_maps
But not all country are available like that and it seems not so easy to create. This is really what i would like to use....but didn't find any doc on creating it...

So am trying to create myself (using World Countries Polygon + Google Earth) - (193...aouch).

Thanks for Feedback Douglas !

— modified on Sep 10, 2010, 10:13:41 PM

Kafeine

Sep 15, 2010, 9:24:11 PM via Website

v1.12 is out. ( details : http://geostar.dontneedcoffee.com/2010/09/geostar-v112-is-out.html )

Douglas...you can flip now, you won't improve your score this way héhé !! :) (thx again)
For those who have a QVGA Screen (like HTC Wildfire) should work a little better now (have done this for really nice people of a czech forum who complained about that)

Ok...and now...I have to improve the (too small) locators...Hard time for weeks to come.

Douglas Carter

Sep 16, 2010, 11:19:47 AM via Website

Kafeine
v1.12 is out. ( details : http://geostar.dontneedcoffee.com/2010/09/geostar-v112-is-out.html )

Douglas...you can flip now, you won't improve your score this way héhé !! :) (thx again)
For those who have a QVGA Screen (like HTC Wildfire) should work a little better now (have done this for really nice people of a czech forum who complained about that)

Ok...and now...I have to improve the (too small) locators...Hard time for weeks to come.

Good to hear