USB Connector Jack !!

• Replies:5
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Aug 27, 2010 2:05:12 AM

Ok I'm new here.. So my Question is does anyone have problems with the USB interface jack falling out of the phone when using

it with your main PC.. I have been to AT&T and replaced it but it still will not stay in place.. :angry:

I bought an after market car adapter and it stay's in place just fine.. Any help would be great..

Aug 27, 2010 8:06:54 AM

I have the Samsung Captivate from AT&T. I just get so frustrated with the connection I just want to throw it out the window...

is there any thing I can do about ... i.e. bend some pins or something? Thanks Stan

Aug 27, 2010 11:28:13 AM

So what you are saying, is that the micro USB plug does not stay inside your phone once you have plugged it in? I have a Samsung Galaxy S, and the MicroUSB port for is actually VERY tight-fitting and I have never had it feel like it would fall out. I'm assuming you are pushing the plug in firmly and completely? If so, then try different plugs to see if the problem is the phone, or the cable. If it is the plug, then the phone's replacement should be covered (in my opinion.)

I also deleted the second thread for this topic in the forums, to make sure that all the suggestions/help stay in the same place, and make it easier to follow.

Aug 28, 2010 10:50:12 PM

Doug
Thank you for all the advice, went to AT&T @ our local mall and the service rep had heard of the same thing
and looked into it , This is what he found,, If you do not open the little door all the way ( to where it clicks open )
It will not let the stock plug fit all the way in, because of the shape..... Got home and tried it and Yahoo!!! It works...
It's amazing that a little thing like making sure the door is all the way open.. Thanks to All..

Now when do we Galaxy S people get Froyo 2.2 ????

Stan

Aug 30, 2010 10:59:01 AM

Yeah, the door becomes easier to open the more times you use it, like many things. I actually remember having a similar problem, where the door wasn't open all the way, but I think it only took me a minute or two to figure it out. I think I was afraid of pushing it too far and breaking it, but it works great still.