Before Buy an Android Tablet!

• Replies:3
Eugene Huang
  • Forum posts: 12

Sep 10, 2010, 7:56:57 PM via Website

After testing couple of Android Tablets, I need to say that another important consideration is to check the responsiveness of the touch screen. Do not assume that every tablet is responsive as iPad does. Some products are as good. But only so until you try them with your hands. Then you probably want to throw them out of the window.

justJay
  • Forum posts: 757

Sep 18, 2010, 4:04:54 AM via App

Eugene is right about the screens.. I have the SmartQ V7 Android tablet personally.. and I must say it's not as responsive as my HTC Droid Eris. But that's not to say it worthless.. I find it great for email, news, weather, music or for games like "Toss It" and also as an eReader etc.

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Sep 20, 2010, 12:53:09 PM via Website

That was pretty much the biggest difference between the tablets I saw at IFA. Resistive and capacitative touchscreens were plenty (resistive especially with the lower-end tablets), and the differences in quality were amazing. I think I saw around 20 tablets at IFA, and less than half were ones I would buy do to the touchscreen quality. You really have to be careful and try it before you buy it if you aren't sure.