hi from Texas

• Replies:17
ireneL
  • Forum posts: 114

Sep 3, 2010, 4:36:03 AM via App

Im Irene 45 yrs young :^) own/run a stamps store, for now i have the moto backflip comes 9/14/2010 i will have my long awaited moto droid x ( can't hardly wait ) Im impress with how this community is willing to help a newbie like me that i decided to join in. Best move i've made in a while. :) as for hobbies, i collect pre-1950s world wide stamps and much to my hubbys discuss i also collect pens.<3 you all have a wonderful evening.

English is my second Language :-)

ireneL

Sep 3, 2010, 2:50:02 PM via App

Thanks for the warm welcome, really appreciate it.

Atleast your GF can re-use her collection of converse. :^)

You both have a great day.
Now lets see what this day can teach me..
bye..

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Sep 6, 2010, 1:32:16 PM via Website

Welcome to AndroidPIT, as justJay said! Feel free to post up your impressions of the Droid X once you get ahold of it. When you say you run a stamps store, does that mean you only sell collector stamps, or that you sell regular use and collector stamps? We could also use a review of the Backflip if you are interested and have the time.

ireneL

Sep 8, 2010, 2:08:58 AM via Website

Douglas Carter
Welcome to AndroidPIT, as justJay said! Feel free to post up your impressions of the Droid X once you get ahold of it. When you say you run a stamps store, does that mean you only sell collector stamps, or that you sell regular use and collector stamps? We could also use a review of the Backflip if you are interested and have the time.

Hi Douglas thanks for the warm welcome :^)
I buy/trade collector US Stamps, my store is not limited to a collector world wide stamps.
Would be glad to do a review of the backflip.
I believed it's the first handset that atnt aquaire to get there footing on the android world. it's a decent handset, atnt is something else.
When i get a decent time will do a review, otherwise my lousy grammar will show in full force when i do a hurried review.lol
English is also my second language. have a pleasant evening Douglas...

ireneL

Oct 26, 2010, 9:09:54 AM via App

was just curious as to why there's no button in this site to donate to a dev bya paypal to aid them on there re search? or is that only for rom dev? just curious...

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 98

Oct 26, 2010, 12:08:36 PM via Website

Welcome, Irene!

I'm going to about donate buttons for developers, but I doubt it's in the making.

Have a lovely day!

— modified on Oct 26, 2010, 12:08:55 PM

Douglas Carter

Oct 26, 2010, 3:38:17 PM via Website

I guess the easiest way to donate to a developer is to buy their app. If you want to do something in addition to that, then contacting them through their developer email address is a possibility. As far as donations to developers on this site is concerned, this is the first instance of someone asking for it that I have come across. We are treading into new territory here. I'll try and bring up the idea with the higher-ups in a bit. I think that the donation via paypal would require another step for each developer during registration, but I'm not exactly sure. Since you are the first person who has brought it up, there doesn't appear to be many individuals interested in donating to developers :unsure:

ireneL

Oct 26, 2010, 5:47:34 PM via Website

jana o.
Welcome, Irene!

I'm going to about donate buttons for developers, but I doubt it's in the making.

Have a lovely day!

Hi jana, thanks for the welcome.

Speaking from a biz point, you'de think the big gun would be all for it, cause not only would it generate interest, it would help with traffic..

But, now that i got Douglas attention (Speaking of which, im suprise he didn't re- buff me for posting a suggestion on the wrong side of the forum.) must have been the way i ask the question? (Sorry Douglas.)

Have a great day jana..

ireneL

Oct 26, 2010, 5:59:12 PM via Website

Thanks for the reply Douglas, justjay just got a great idea he just posted, now that it got to the fore front, maybe the big gun will put the works on it?
Cause lets all face it, we all want great apps in our smartphone and the only way to achieved that is to help the developer develope great apps... (Cheeky grin)

On the plus note just now notice that i can now pay apps in here using paypal.. Now that the can of beans has been stirred around a bit we can get there attention...

Im not an apps dev, although i must admit to a wanna be... Come on apps dev, how about quit lurking and chime in... We ok i am trying to harnest plenty of interest here... Help me out...lol

— modified on Oct 26, 2010, 6:41:47 PM

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Oct 27, 2010, 6:41:11 AM via Website

Hi Irene, welcome to the community. You said english is not your first language, which is? And where are you from originally (just being curious)?
I must say you've helped me out with my development already (tested my app). I'm kind of the hobby type developer, I work full-time and develop when I have any spare time. Maybe that will change if I make enough good apps that I could devote my full time to developing one day.
You mention you'd like to be an apps developer? Are you the type that likes to design, or the artist type, or the clever programmer type? If your the designer type, I would look into trying to find a small freelance company or developer to make your ideas into apps. If your an artist I would look around for a programmer you can team with to make apps. If your the programmer type, there's lots of resources on the web to learn programming. Programming is what I do, let me know if you need help getting started or any pointers.

Douglas Carter

Oct 27, 2010, 2:53:48 PM via Website

Irene, if you make a new thread for your suggestion in the suggestion thread, that would likely be found better by others , but I didn't really have a problem with you posting in the wrong section because this is your thread and it wasn't an advertisement for an app.

Regarding test reports, they are a good idea if you are willing to pay the minimum ~146 Euros for a report in one language.

— modified on Oct 27, 2010, 3:00:24 PM

ireneL

Oct 28, 2010, 5:55:01 AM via Website

@ jeremiah
Tagalog is the main language. I am a part Pilipina (Philippines) Part Japanese. My husband is part american part Czech...Were a family of heinz ketsup.lol Is English your first language?
Don't mind testing your apps, if you ever need my droidx to test your apps let me know...:grin:
Trying to be a clever programming... emphasizing on the words trying.. Groan Thanks for the offer of pointers, i may take you up on that when i hit a brick.grin
Is party lights the only apps you have for android?

@ Douglas
About the test report , i did not realized how much its going to be, should have expected as much...What about the donate to the dev paypal link for the android pit site, did that got shoot down too?
When i post the last message i automatically assume i could use the same thread and change the title. I guess thats what i get for assuming.lol

Will make the new thread when i get a chance as im still trying to answear my never ending email from my family back home. groan...

Have a great evening guys..

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Oct 28, 2010, 6:33:12 AM via Website

irenelopour
@ jeremiah
Tagalog is the main language. I am a part Pilipina (Philippines) Part Japanese. My husband is part american part Czech...Were a family of heinz ketsup.lol Is English your first language?
Don't mind testing your apps, if you ever need my droidx to test your apps let me know...:grin:
Trying to be a clever programming... emphasizing on the words trying.. Groan Thanks for the offer of pointers, i may take you up on that when i hit a brick.grin
Is party lights the only apps you have for android?

Have a great evening guys..

Yes, english is my first language. I was born in the US, though my grandmother on my mother's side is from England, my grandfather from Russia, my grandmother on my father's side is from England, and father is scottish decent. I guess I'm quite a mix too, as are a lot of americans. I've made one other app so far, but I took it off the market for copyright reasons. It's kind of like tetris but different, you can see some screenshots here: http://www.xdebugx.net/tetraGomy.php
I'm working on another game currently, I hope to release it by the holidays. Please let me know if I can be of help in your programming efforts.

Douglas Carter

Oct 28, 2010, 2:31:39 PM via Website

I've passed along your donation idea, but the higher-ups are quite busy, and as such, I haven't heard anything yet. I'll let you know once I know. Or they may post in this thread themselves. We'll see.

ireneL

Oct 30, 2010, 6:59:56 AM via Website

@ Jeremiah
Thank you for the kind offer, your on dead center when you said my programming efforts.lol Between my stamps biz, my so called chaotic life, it is an effort...
Its hard to program an android apps from scratch.....:(

@Douglas

The new thread is up, hopefully it will harvest some really excellent ideas from the member of androidpit...
Thank you for passing the idea to the higher peeps...

You both have a great evening...