T-Mobile G2

• Replies:3
marty lk
  • Forum posts: 5

Oct 5, 2010, 6:55:25 AM via App

Got to handle the new T-Mobile G2 today. Sweet phone. I can see why some are saying the hinges are breaking because of how they work. But that is normal function. Nevertheless, the G2 is a very nice Android phone. It has the same launcher I'm using on my HTC HD2 with the Nexus One build. I added the G2 launcher to get the 7 homescreens.

The G2 has nice heft and a very solid feel.

— modified on Oct 5, 2010, 6:56:23 AM

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Oct 12, 2010, 1:13:28 PM via Website

Yeah, it does look nice and should be fairly powerful. We may be getting our hands on one of them very soon. If so, we'll post a detailed hands-on and video review of it as well. What kinds of things did you test software-wise on the phone?

marty lk
  • Forum posts: 5

Oct 13, 2010, 12:33:41 AM via Website

Just a cursory perusing of the general feel and operation of the device. I've recently come across another Nexus One Android build for the HD2 that is causing me to rethink the purchase of the G2. This new build works so well and smoothly that, for all intents and purposes, my HD2, with the added-in install of the G2 launcher, is everything the G2 is and more....except for the hardware keyboard, of course. But from what I saw of the G2, it is a sweetheart and well worth having.

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Oct 13, 2010, 11:15:55 AM via Website

Yeah, I would really like the G2 as well. One of my biggest problems with the phone is that they didn't go with a 5 row keyboard, but that complaint isn't terribly important. More a explanation of what would be perfect in a phone for me.