Need help testing my app!

• Replies:21
Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Oct 6, 2010, 6:54:06 AM via Website

I need to test a new feature on an app I've had on the market for some time. It's called party light. Basically its a light effect/rave light. I'm trying to add a feature for phones with led flash with the camera to make the led flash strobe. I don't have a phone with an led flash so I can't test this new feature. If anyone would be willing to test it for me, and has a phone with an led flash, I could email them the app. Any help is much appreciated, and I'd be willing to give anyone a free copy of the paid version for testing. Thanks.

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Oct 13, 2010, 3:56:36 PM via Website

If it is available for download on the Galaxy Tab, I'll give it a go next time I'm in the office. We got a testing copy in the office yesterday and it has a flash.

Jeremiah

Oct 13, 2010, 7:58:21 PM via App

Thanks Douglas, its available on androidPit's app center if you can't find it in the market. Or I can email you the .apk

— modified on Oct 13, 2010, 8:00:10 PM

justJay
  • Forum posts: 757

Oct 14, 2010, 7:32:05 AM via App

Ok.. using the free version.. I just tested the LED Flash strobe on my girlfriend's Motorola Droid and it didn't work.

On a side note.. it would be nice if the back button took you back to the main screen instead of exiting the app.

Also.. could you just put the choices on the main screen instead of the need to press the menu button?

Jeremiah

Oct 14, 2010, 8:16:45 AM via Website

Thanks Jay, which version of android does your girlfriend's droid have? I'm still trying to figure out how to get this working with motorolas, but I have it confirmed that it works for the EVO.

Jeremiah

Oct 17, 2010, 7:24:42 AM via Website

I've got a new version uploaded. Jay, Douglas and anyone else who has time; could you please give it another go? Thanks!

Jeremiah

Oct 24, 2010, 7:06:56 AM via Website

I don't think the last version I released would have worked with the droid's. I tested it on a friends Droid X and it didn't turn on the flash. I've tried again, it's uploaded to the market and AndroidPit's AppCenter, please let me know if this one works, when you get a chance to try it. Thanks!

ireneL
  • Forum posts: 114

Oct 24, 2010, 9:04:42 AM via App

just got thru dowloading and testing your party light apps xdebugx (followed the link on your second post) strove with led flash works on my dx 2.2 no lagging. the led flash light also work along w/ strobe, night light and glow. great job jeremiah! http://www.youtube.com/watch?V=2jYVRRMect4

Note in the you tube search box type in " strobe w/led flash works on droidx 2.2"

took the video with another droidx as i was on the go.lol I know undeserving of a great apps. Shrug

Hey Jeremiah i don't supposed you can make a better droidx camera/video apps for me? i'll pay!lol Just an idea...

— modified on Oct 25, 2010, 12:15:34 AM

English is my second Language :-)

Jeremiah

Oct 24, 2010, 8:54:18 PM via Website

Thanks Irene, I appreciate you testing it for me. Would you like a free copy of the paid version (without ads)?

ireneL

Oct 24, 2010, 9:29:37 PM via App

still trying to upload the darn video lol phone did not want to coop will have to post my proof when I get home. Btw I never turn down a great apps. heh heh
thanks Jeremiah. keep up the great work. Btw curious as to why your apps work on my phone but not on your friend d x? just curious..

Edit
You tube link post above...

— modified on Oct 25, 2010, 12:17:26 AM

Jeremiah

Oct 24, 2010, 11:27:33 PM via Website

It may be this last update made it work, I haven't tried this version on his phone yet.

Jeremiah

Oct 26, 2010, 6:21:23 AM via Website

irenelopour
still trying to upload the darn video lol phone did not want to coop will have to post my proof when I get home. Btw I never turn down a great apps. heh heh
thanks Jeremiah. keep up the great work. Btw curious as to why your apps work on my phone but not on your friend d x? just curious..

Edit
You tube link post above...

Got to try it on my friend's droid X today, it worked for his too! I also tried it on a samsung phone, and it would turn on the flash, but the flash stayed on for the strobe light, instead of turning on and off. It did turn off when exiting or trying a different light mode, though.

ireneL

Oct 26, 2010, 8:52:38 AM via Website

Sorry to hear the strobe flash did not flash for samsung device, can't help ya cause i dont have a samsung device...

Btw thank you so much for the no ads version of the party lights, niece and nephew are having a blast...

I was also able to extract the apk file from gmail using apkatcher and install it using package installer...And the only device i need was my droid x....

— modified on Oct 26, 2010, 8:54:20 AM

Douglas Carter

Nov 10, 2010, 10:00:15 PM via Website

Okay, so I talked with Fabien, as he has the Galaxy Tab right now. Apparently, the strobe part of the app doesn't work, as well as some other part of it. He wasn't very specific, so I'll be going into the office on Tuesday to take a look at it myself. Also, I should have some hands-on time with the Desire HD then. Maybe I can test the app on there as well, seeing as how it has LED flash as well. A 2-for-1 deal, what more could you ask for?

Douglas Carter

Nov 18, 2010, 1:16:13 PM via Website

The LED flashlight on the Desire HD works, I just tested it. Unfortunately, there is no charging device for the Galaxy Tab, and its battery is dead, so...I'll try again next time.

Jeremiah

Nov 18, 2010, 7:17:16 PM via Website

Thanks Douglas!

Jeremiah

Nov 18, 2010, 7:17:16 PM via Website

Douglas Carter
The LED flashlight on the Desire HD works, I just tested it. Unfortunately, there is no charging device for the Galaxy Tab, and its battery is dead, so...I'll try again next time.

Thanks Douglas!