Motorola Droid — need a good rom for droid the one i found is just ok

• Replies:24
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Oct 8, 2010 4:20:39 AM

I'm using cyanogen mod rom & am very happy with it, no real issues, cm6 is stable version but am using nightly build #132 right now, have it paired up with slayer 1.1gig lv kernel, super fast, bench marked at 1542(not in airplane mode)

Oct 8, 2010 5:17:31 PM

Well for me this is only one have had no trouble with, tried simply stunning 4.8 & had alot of fc/freeze up issues, also tried shadow roms and just didn't like response of them

Oct 9, 2010 12:59:35 AM

Im Using BlackDroid / Ultimate Droid v8

Ive had alot of good luck with it so far. My only complaint is my battery barely lasts a day. With other Roms I could go a couple of days of use with out charging.

Oct 9, 2010 2:27:00 AM

sammy brence
Im Using BlackDroid / Ultimate Droid v8

Ive had alot of good luck with it so far. My only complaint is my battery barely lasts a day. With other Roms I could go a couple of days of use with out charging.

Does the Rom overclock the CPU? Or are you using an app to do it? That may be what's killing the battery, but also what makes it faster.

Oct 11, 2010 2:38:20 PM

well for the most part you find them in forums like this you just have to search for them, or there is a app in the market place called rom manager and you can download them in there and install them from the app, but read about them before you install them, not all of them are good ones.