Motorola Droid — need a good rom for droid the one i found is just ok

• Replies:24
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Oct 14, 2010 6:22:30 AM

What is a root and a rom and should I worry about getting this? I'm in the U.S. with a Motorola Droid with the extra keypad. It as 2.2 on it. I don't feel like getting up to see what kind of firmware, etc. it has on it.

I just want to know if I need to be concerned about a ROM and a ROOT.

thanks so much.... from "your mother"

Oct 14, 2010 6:35:50 AM

To ROOT is to gain super user access to the phone.. giving you the ability to modify the internal setting which are normally not accessible on a non-rooted device.

And a Rom is normally a modified OS (operating system).. mainly for the fun of tweaking the phone to it's limits.. or it can let you install bits and pieces of different Rom's to make your phone be what you want it to be.. its a form of Hacking basically.

But don't worry.. it's not something you get by accident.. it's something you do on purpose.

— modified on Oct 14, 2010 6:36:36 AM

Oct 14, 2010 3:40:07 PM

M Emmons
What is a root and a rom and should I worry about getting this? I'm in the U.S. with a Motorola Droid with the extra keypad. It as 2.2 on it. I don't feel like getting up to see what kind of firmware, etc. it has on it.

I just want to know if I need to be concerned about a ROM and a ROOT.

thanks so much.... from "your mother"

Here is an explanation of ROMs and Rooting: http://www.androidpit.com/en/android/forum/thread/403299/So-what-exactly-is-rooting-and-is-it-for-me

May 23, 2011 6:15:17 AM

Ive had alot of good luck with it so far. My only complaint is my battery barely lasts a day. With other Roms I could go a couple of days of use with out charging.

Edit by Administration: Ads removed

Note to account owner: Don't post Ads here within your postings!

— modified on May 23, 2011 8:19:57 AM by moderator