How do I download apps?

• Replies:6
Les Thomson
  • Forum posts: 3

Oct 18, 2010, 8:02:22 PM via Website

Hi folks, I'm new here and I discovered the site whilst searching for an Android Subway card app (I used to have it installed in my old Nokia 5530). Now, I've added it to my profile, but, for the life of me I can't figure out how to download it to my HTC Wildfire.

Thanks in advance. I'm from the UK.

Les Thomson

Oct 18, 2010, 9:09:07 PM via Website

justJay
Click on the "App Center" link in my signature below to install the App center version of AndroidPIT..

Thank you justJay, I assume I transfer this to my phone?

Les Thomson

Oct 18, 2010, 9:18:29 PM via Website

Thanks for the help, managed to install it to my phone, problem is neither the Subway card app or the Tesco clubcard seem to be compatible with my phone!!

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Oct 19, 2010, 1:52:43 PM via Website

That is likely, as your phone has a small display (only 320 x 240) which many app developers do not support with their apps. Is price an issue for you, and do you have the option to return the phone for another model? The HTC Wildfire's display will likely continue to be a problem when looking for apps that you want.

— modified on Oct 19, 2010, 1:53:18 PM

Beverly Ann Thomas
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 26, 2011, 10:23:59 PM via Website

Douglas Carter
That is likely, as your phone has a small display (only 320 x 240) which many app developers do not support with their apps. Is price an issue for you, and do you have the option to return the phone for another model? The HTC Wildfire's display will likely continue to be a problem when looking for apps that you want.
The apps I am looking to add are no more than 2.5. My Samsung Replenish is said to not be compatible. Now I am stuck with an Android that will not work. One of the Apps I need for my business. If my screen is the problem then an operating system with 2.3 will not matter. Can you help?

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Oct 27, 2011, 3:28:50 PM via Website

Sorry, I didn't completly understand your problem. You are trying to download apps for your Replenish but cannot because they are not compatable with your phone did I understand that correctly? If so then it is most likely due to your screen small size and not the version number of your operating system. If that is the case then there isn't much you can do other then look for a supported app or trade up to a new phone that is compatable with your phone. :(