request for feedback on tawkon radiation exposure app

• Replies:4
Amit Lubovsky
  • Forum posts: 4

Oct 28, 2010, 3:35:25 PM via Website

If you're the proud owner of a supported Samsung Galaxy S (Vibrant, Captivate, GTI 9000), We’d really value your feedback on our Android version of tawkon while we tweak the app for other Android devices. As you may know, tawkon monitors the level of radiation you’re exposed to, and helps you avoid radiation with smart prompts when necessary. Your input on our features, UI, GUI and any general feedback on market appeal is much appreciated.

You can download tawkon for free here I'd be glad to receive your feedback via email or call/video call if you prefer, or I can send you a quick online questionnaire if that’s easier for you.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,

Amit Lubovsky, co-founder

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Oct 28, 2010, 8:10:16 PM via Website

How exactly does it detect the radiation amounts in its vicinity? Doesn't it take a specialized device to do that kind of stuff? I've never heard that phone's had this ability. What kind of radiation exposure does it measure, as there are different kinds?

In addition, 1 thread is enough when posting about your app. I have closed the other thread you made about this.

Amit Lubovsky

Oct 29, 2010, 8:32:05 PM via Website

Thanks for help straightening out the threads :V

tawkon RRI technology collects and analyzes RF-related data extracted from the mobile device. Complex algorithms considering environmental and personal usage factors help determine actual radiation exposure levels. Results are calibrated in an RF lab to ensure radiation levels are accurately monitored and that actions taken actually helped lower the user’s exposure to radiation. Full details including about RF lab testing at www.tawkon.com/technology

Have you downloaded?
I'd really like to hear your feedback

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Nov 1, 2010, 3:05:34 PM via Website

I used to have a Galaxy S device, but right now I use a HTC Dream running Android 1.6.

I thought that a device needed some sort of special instrument to detect radiation levels. On the other hand, the cell phones can often say how strong the cell signal is, so I guess it can be done in the same matter? Or am I completely off?

— modified on Nov 1, 2010, 3:06:04 PM

Amit Lubovsky

Nov 4, 2010, 7:47:51 AM via Website

You’re right, signal strength is measured by the phone, but this is just one out of many other RF parameters which are used (to be more precise by the cellular protocol stack which manages the baseband processor) in order to stay in communication with the cellular network.
tawkon’s algorithm factors the above RF parameters (extracted from the cellular protocol stack) against changing environmental factors and personal usage like proximity from the body, and other factors (e.g. using accessories - headset wired or wireless, speaker, etc), to determine the fluctuating levels of radiation a user is exposed to at any given time. Note that published SAR levels are the maximum radiation levels emitted by the phone. tawkon takes this reading a step further by monitoring the real-time exposure to radiation.

We’ve described the technology and how tawkon works in further detail here: www.tawkon.com/technology. If you’re interested, you can check out our detailed interview with Robert Scoble on Scobleizer where he drilled every angle of the app and technology (and was won-over in the end :-) here: http://scoble.it/dnTu7k . I’d also be glad to give you a personal run-down over Skype if you like. Just direct message me to coordinate off-line.