Extended battery.

• Replies:8
Ryan Erickson
  • Forum posts: 93

Oct 30, 2010, 5:16:16 PM via App

For the longest time I was having issues with my droid x battery life. I have just recently purchased the extended battery and could not be more pleased. For anybody who is on the fence with purchasing one I would highly recommend picking one up.

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Oct 31, 2010, 1:14:21 AM via Website

Which battery did you buy? An official motorola battery or another? Mind telling us which one and where you got it? BTW, do you know where to get an HDMI cable for the droid X so that you can connect it to a tv?

Ryan Erickson

Oct 31, 2010, 2:43:52 AM via App

I bought a 1930 mili amp hour battery apposed to the 1500 It came with. I purchased it at a verizon store and I'm sure you could buy an hdmi cord for it at a verizon store a certified retailer or on the verizon web site.

Ryan Erickson

Oct 31, 2010, 2:48:43 AM via App

And yes an official motorola battery

Anthony m
  • Forum posts: 34

Oct 31, 2010, 10:07:05 AM via App

they also have the hmdi cable at best buy probably cheaper then verizon

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Nov 1, 2010, 2:29:38 PM via Website

Ryan Erickson
I bought a 1930 mili amp hour battery apposed to the 1500 It came with. I purchased it at a verizon store and I'm sure you could buy an hdmi cord for it at a verizon store a certified retailer or on the verizon web site.

So what kind of life are you getting out of your device now? Complete days with lots of usage? Two days with moderate usage? Also, have you noticed any difference in the phone's temperature during charging or heavy usage?

Ryan Erickson

Nov 1, 2010, 5:13:37 PM via App

I have noticed a temp decrease. And with heavy usage I have no problem getting a full day. On light to moderate use I get about 2 days.

— modified on Nov 1, 2010, 5:14:09 PM

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Nov 2, 2010, 2:33:46 PM via Website

That is good to hear. The temperature decrease makes me curious, but I won't argue with better results. I honestly feel that handsets should be designed from the beginning to make it through a whole day of heavy usage. The Galaxy S I had for awhile was great because it could usually go for ~3 days of moderate usage when fully charged. Does your phone feel "complete" now, or that it is just a nice addition?

Ryan Erickson

Nov 2, 2010, 6:55:42 PM via App

I feel it is complete. I love my phone. Not a big fan of moto blur, but launcher pro took care of that issue. Now I have a launcher I like and good battery life, all of my issues at the beginning have for the most part been fixed. My only problem is I would say 1 out of every 3 times I reboot my phone it gets frozen on the moto logo. Other than that I am a happy dx owner