PetRingerFree - A pet that shows his/her emotion towards the caller!

• Replies:4
Sungtaeg Jun
  • Forum posts: 3

Nov 8, 2010, 2:45:54 AM via Website

No more same image for all the call!
It will show different animation to the different caller!
You can praise or scold the pet when you accept/deny call!
Quick texting possible when deny a call!

It is already in the ranking on new communication app category!

I hope you join the petringering!!!

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Nov 8, 2010, 3:08:46 PM via Website

Interesting concept. Definitely not an app for me, but I can imagine there is an audience for this type of thing. The only way to interact with the pet is by accepting or ignoring the call? In addition, does the actions from previous phone calls carry over into future phone calls? What I mean by that is, does the pattern of whether the calls are taken or ignored affect how the pet acts or appears?

Sungtaeg Jun

Nov 8, 2010, 8:49:36 PM via Website

1. At this time, yes only the phone call receiving is the only way to change the emotion of the pet.
We are working on the version where user can play with the pet.
2. Sure, the pet remembers each caller and reacts whether the pet likes the caller or not. To do so,
the pet maintains a list of caller and keeps his/her degree of affection. Initial data is set randomly when
a stranger calls. That is stranger to the pet.
3. Yes, the pet remembers the user reaction from previous call and changes the behavior to the same caller
next time. However, the change is slow as the real pet does!

The emotion model behind the pet's behavior is quite complex and the pet will react on the emotion model.
There are more than 30 different animation for each different degree of affection.

— modified on Nov 9, 2010, 1:04:40 AM

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Nov 9, 2010, 3:38:50 AM via Website

What about if you have a boss or something that calls you all the time and you have to answer but you really don't like to. Will the pet get happy? Should be some way to train the pet?

Sungtaeg Jun

Nov 9, 2010, 3:58:48 AM via Website

Jeremiah McLeod
What about if you have a boss or something that calls you all the time and you have to answer but you really don't like to. Will the pet get happy? Should be some way to train the pet?
Hohum! Interesting situation! I thought about putting that into the app.
I also thought about the pet remembering my SO, family and so on.
However, it is not realistic to have a pet to remeber who that person is.
So the pet will only remember the person and how the owner reacted on that persons call.
If you want change the pet's reaction you have to praise/scold 3~4 times in this version.
In my experience, I sometimes scold the pet even when my wife calls if the timing is not right!