battery options?

• Replies:4
john
  • Forum posts: 5

Nov 25, 2010, 5:18:27 AM via App

any opinions on available supermarket higher mah batteries? preferably would like one that fits under factory battery cover. which brand is best?

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Nov 25, 2010, 10:44:00 AM via Website

You mean aftermarket batteries? Mugen and Seidio get okay reviews sometimes. Sometimes people say that the extended life but same size batteries don't perform much better, if any, than the originals. If, however, you go for a battery that is physically larger and has a higher capacity than the original, you have a much better chance of getting good results. However, as a general rule from what I have read so far, the batteries that come with your devices are more likely to actually keep the promises about battery performance.

— modified on Nov 25, 2010, 10:54:41 AM

DAVID
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 18, 2011, 2:32:04 AM via Website

what would be the better app and the good one to saved the life battery for the htc evo 4g

— modified on Oct 18, 2011, 2:33:36 AM

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Oct 18, 2011, 10:01:12 AM via Website

Personally, I'm a big fan of Juice Defender Since I've used it, I've managed to start recharging my phone every other day instead of every day and Im a fairly heavy user. Give it a try!

Chucky The Ducky
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 9, 2012, 12:11:48 AM via Website

I got a good kick out of the super market batteries, you should probably stay away from them- lol. I dont use the evo 4g any longer but whenever someone asked me about extended batteries i always refer them to an evo cradle / spare battery charger. Once i picked up one of these cradles it was no looking back, i actually picked up two but i rarely needed to connect my phone to a micro USB port. Also, the extended batts are usually not worth it unless your away from a power source for long periods of time. They tend to make you use the phone more, hence defeating the purpose and never really seeing an increase in battery life...my 2 cents, sorry for diggin:V