After Updating to 2.1 ~ Instead of "Android Market" icon - "Slide SAM 4.0" icon appeared

• Replies:9
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Nov 25, 2010 1:23:26 PM via Website

Hi All,

Just 4 hours ago I have successfully updated the Software of my X10 mini pro from 1.6 to 2.1. Now I am noticing that Instead of "Android Market" icon I got "Slide SAM 4.0" icon ???

I recently purchased the mobile from US and I am in india and updated here in India.

Can anybody plz help me out in this????

Thanks in advance.

— modified on Nov 25, 2010 2:40:42 PM

Nov 27, 2010 1:02:27 AM via Website

Slide Sam 4.0 is slideme.org's market app. It seems whatever new version he has updated to has replaced the android market with the slideMe.org's market? Could this be because he is in India, would the sony update service give him a different rom because of his location?

Nov 29, 2010 10:21:36 AM via Website

The thing is, I googled Slide SAM and my first two complaints I received were from Vishnu. If anyone else is having this problem (I would assume so, there are a lot of cellphone users in India), then I would've thought that someone would have heard another complaint by now. I am stumped honestly. I haven't heard of a case where a telecom completely removed the Android Market app from their phone.

Nov 30, 2010 10:15:49 AM via Website

Hi guys,

the same happened to me. I just got the phone 5days ago, updated it 2 days ago ....checked my phone and there it was (the same thing...slide me!!!).
should we take it back?

Nov 30, 2010 2:06:42 PM via Website

I'm thinking about what you guys should do. I haven't heard of this happening before, and I'm not sure what you should do. You may have two better options:

1. Install a hacked version of the Android market.

2. Root your phone and install a ROM that works on the phone with a correctly working Android Market.

Feb 22, 2011 2:50:29 PM via App

Vishnu R
Hi All,

Just 4 hours ago I have successfully updated the Software of my X10 mini pro from 1.6 to 2.1. Now I am noticing that Instead of "Android Market" icon I got "Slide SAM 4.0" icon ???

I recently purchased the mobile from US and I am in india and updated here in India.

Can anybody plz help me out in this????

Thanks in advance.