hello from the chicago land!

• Replies:1
Dan H.
  • Forum posts: 2

Nov 30, 2010, 4:56:34 AM via Website

hi everybody! so, little about my self... i have the Samsung acclaim on the us cellular net work. this is my first android phone, and i absolutely love it. i'm an electronics engineer, with only a bit of experience, and ill say its annoying trying to find a new job when companies want so much experience, i cant gain experience if everyone demands what i don't have, haven't even been out of school for a year yet. so the thing that lead me here was a particular app. i happen to be browsing the marketplace in my lappy and saw an app that i wanted, "apps to sdcard" by EasyFilter. so i searched for it on my phone's marketplace and nada. then i googled the devolper, and ended up here. one of the very few things that i found to be a bit annoying is that apps dont install in the sd card. with little internal memory, <100Mb for me, im constantly installing and uninstalling apps that i like just to conserve space. as i will say, i can understand that for the pay apps, but for the free ones, come on. i havent downloaded it yet, as i registered and started reading other intros. one thing i am really looking forward to is all the information that is open to me, and the ability to ask a question when the need arises. i have honestly not had any real problems with my android powered phone, which is a good thing. as much as i would say is it a toy, but it a toy with practicality! i dont know what else to say, i love my phone! well, its time to explore the forum and learn more about my android.

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Nov 30, 2010, 1:01:52 PM via Website

Welcome to the AndroidPIT forums Dan! I think you'll like your time here. I'm glad to hear you like your Samsung Acclaim. If you haven't figured it out already, AndroidPIT is an international Android community that prides itself in helping other community members solve problems with their Android phones and as a place to talk with individuals with like-minded interest. Take a tour around the site to see all that you can do here. I also encourage you to take a look at the links in my signature for some suggested reading.