Samsung Galaxy Tab — video calls

• Replies:35
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Dec 13, 2010 11:11:23 PM via App

yes, i will contact them when i have a bit more time.

just flashed another firmware (froyo.xxjm6) and its the same.

by the way, i do not recommend to flash firmwares which are not official, except you know what you are doing. just to say, i was pretty close to brick my galaxy tab...

Dec 18, 2010 6:41:29 PM via App

without any doubt it is also something on sams site.
the new version gingersomething will come native with that as i have readen in other boards.

but one thing tells me also that yahoo can do something more, as they say now "not for samsung galaxy". so the issue seems to be known.

will keep tryin

— modified on Sep 16, 2011 2:39:32 PM by moderator

Dec 28, 2010 1:41:02 PM via Website

any updates on the video call / video chat with YM? I am having similar problems and i have raised this with samsung customer service .. still no reply from them.

Feb 23, 2011 1:01:44 AM via Website

ok guys,

after some weeks i took the fight again and voila!!!!!!!:cold:

oovoo works! on windows pc and sgt! over wifi and 3g!!!!!!

sorry guys, i´m still crying, finally, who the f..k is skype :P

for you interest my system:
GT P1000 eur
kernel V15 OC richardtrip (look on xda for it) and a own modified modaco rom (modifications are not influencing the video chat function) plus conversion to ext4 filesystem.

edit: no other video chat software is really working actually, except one i will not mention the name which is just a 10 day trial and after very expensive....

— modified on Feb 23, 2011 1:03:38 AM

Deactivated Account

Mar 9, 2011 8:46:45 AM via Website

yes, sometimes, the firmware version is too lower. so it can't do that. So you need to update the firmware.

Deactivated Account

Mar 14, 2011 4:25:23 AM via Website

Can you make video calls with this tablet? and which apps does it support for video chat?

Mar 14, 2011 12:04:24 PM via App

yes you u can do video calls. oovoo works fine.
no idea if the firmware makes a difference, but i ca. recommend everybody to get away from stock and convert to ext4. performance is much better.

Jun 2, 2011 11:36:37 PM via App

hi guys,

just an update.

as oovoo was giving also trouble (in newer versions problem with camera orientation and screen scaling), i will try now google talk.
since today overcome rom 2.0.0-gold is available (gingerbread tuned), alterbridge from xda is promissing ot should work with front facing camera.

i will try and give an update when i got success.

for every interested, the new overcome rom is the much way best i had on my tab. give it a try!

i have readen also, that gingerbread 2.3.4 supports skype. unfortunately not available for sgt, only version 2.3.3

— modified on Sep 16, 2011 2:40:59 PM by moderator