SAMSUNG VIBRANT TV-OUT PROBLEM

• Replies:3
Steve Dyer
  • Forum posts: 17

Dec 23, 2010, 5:10:34 PM via Website

I have a Samsung Vibrant and one of it's many features is a "TV-OUT" function that you can enable in the menu settings.
Now the set up seemed very simple ..... buy a 3.5mm to RCA video cable, plug that into the Vibrant and then in to the
TV jacks, and yes I have been told the red & yellow jacks are reversed! then enable the TV-OUT function and now whatever
you have on your phones screen is now on your TV. So I have purchased two different cables and both didn't work and
I checked on a couple forums and have read that there are only a few cables that actually work, so my question before I
spend more cash, has anyone had any experience with this? and what have you bought that works? any feedback would
be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
MrBeer

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Dec 24, 2010, 5:07:47 PM via Website

Do you have an old video camera that has video output using 3.5mm to RCA? It would look something like this. I believe this is the cable that you are supposed to use

Steve Dyer
  • Forum posts: 17

Dec 25, 2010, 8:42:22 AM via Website

Happy Holidays Douglas! Yes both sets of cables I purchased looked like your sample,
what's strange is that I have read other posts on "Samsung" forums and find so many conflicting
stories! I'm just hoping someone has experienced problems like this and found a cable that
really works, I wouldn't mind spending the money for a cable one of "OUR FORUM" members
recommended.

Thanks!
Steve

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Dec 25, 2010, 3:25:16 PM via Website

I'm about as sure I can be without directly calling Samsung and asking myself. I used to have a video camera with RCA out and I used a cable just like that every time without any problem. I hope it works for you, but before you buy, I'd ask the salesperson what the return policy is on it.