phone memory is getting low

• Replies:4
amit
  • Forum posts: 2

Dec 27, 2010, 4:53:05 PM via Website

hi. I'm using HTC Desire.when i install any software or games from the sd card,it installs itself in the phone memory and phone memory is showing very low.How can i install applications and games in the SD card ? Someone please help me out..........

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Dec 27, 2010, 5:30:02 PM via Website

On phones running Android 2.2 or later, some apps can be stored partially or completely on the SD card. To move an app to the SD card (when possible) go to settings / applications / manage applications and then click on the app you want to move to the SD card. If it can be moved, it will give you the option, showing you a button you can press to move the app.

amit
  • Forum posts: 2

Dec 27, 2010, 8:13:41 PM via Website

thanks for your reply. Ya Os is 2.2 .I've already tried to move applications using that option but for most of the applications, the option "move to sd card " , is not available and my phone memory is almost full . So is there any way out ?

— modified on Dec 27, 2010, 8:14:30 PM

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Dec 27, 2010, 8:22:04 PM via Website

Kind of. You could look for replacement apps for your currently installed apps which can be installed on the SD card.

You can also root your device and install an app which allows you to save the apps on the SD card. However, they won't be available for use. You'll have to reinstall them on the phone storage every time you want to use them (if they aren't installed on the internal storage already.

justJay
  • Forum posts: 757

Dec 30, 2010, 3:02:38 PM via App

You might want to check to see what applications are taking up the most memory. On my girlfriends droid.. she runs out of memory due to facebook. So I log her out of the facebook app. Then I go to the phones menu, then application, then manage applications, then find facebook and clear data.