market app not working

• Replies:17
jay khatri
  • Forum posts: 8

Jan 1, 2011, 8:29:53 PM via Website

hi i have galaxy S 9000. the problem is that the market app is not working. it starts to load but after few seconds it just returns to the desktop. however, the internet and other application including the samsung app are all working fine. what would be the problem? replies would be highly appreciated.

jay

jay khatri

Jan 2, 2011, 5:57:15 PM via Website

hi jay, no i have not done any of that sorts. by rooting do you mean restarting of the mobile , then i have tried that also. i think the last time i could access the market was when i was trying to download the alarm clock. i think it was some sort of android alarm clock. it could not download and i think i had to force stop the system.
can you explain the stock rom?

thanks for the responce. but what could be the problem and its solution.

jay

jay khatri

Jan 3, 2011, 6:26:07 PM via Website

Hi I am in dubai but bought this phone from india. It is galaxy st I 9000
It is with me since 4 -5 month.
Jaykhatri

Cathy Clarke
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 4, 2011, 4:15:58 AM via App

I too have had this same trouble since yesterday. thank God I thought I was the only one. I have a Samsung captivate an live in the States. My phone is rooted .Now this evening the market will load one outta two times but will shut down after a few minutes. Don't think its a coincidence that Jay and I are having the same problem. Thanks.

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Jan 4, 2011, 2:22:57 PM via Website

jay khatri
Hi I am in dubai but bought this phone from india. It is galaxy st I 9000
It is with me since 4 -5 month.
Jaykhatri

How long have you had this problem?

Jay, I believe this issue may be because you live in Dubai. There are political issues in many Middle East states which prevent the installation of the Android Market on devices sold in some countries. However, you say that you bought it in India, where the Android Market is allowed/supported.

The fact that you have the Android Market even installed makes you an exception from many people in the UAE. I'm not very familiar with whether or not there are firewalls blocking Android Market traffic or not, but I will say that your government does not want you to access the Market. While I can't guarantee that this is the reason it doesn't work, it does seem likely to me.

— modified on Jan 4, 2011, 2:46:22 PM

Douglas Carter

Jan 4, 2011, 2:45:23 PM via Website

Cathy Clarke
I too have had this same trouble since yesterday. thank God I thought I was the only one. I have a Samsung captivate an live in the States. My phone is rooted .Now this evening the market will load one outta two times but will shut down after a few minutes. Don't think its a coincidence that Jay and I are having the same problem. Thanks.

You may be correct that you are both suffering from some problem with the Market, but there are other possibilities (noted above) in his case which are likely as well.

Just so I can get a better idea, how long has this problem been going on for you? When you mean shut down, you mean that it simply closes and you are back at the home screen?

If there is a wide-reaching problem with the Android Market, I haven't experienced it yet, even though I just spent a few minutes in the Android Market and had no problems.

jay khatri

Jan 13, 2011, 7:24:02 PM via Website

hi douglas, first my apologies for delay in replying. as i told you earlier my galaxy S is from india and i am in dubai. to solve the problem with the market, i went to samsung customer center and they told me that as the market has updated it will not work with ver 2.1. so they upgraded my galaxy S to froyo ver 2.2. and it seems the problem is solved.
do you think it was correct of them to upgrade OS?
jay

Douglas Carter

Jan 14, 2011, 2:40:02 PM via Website

Your story is very surprising. Did you walk into a real Samsung store and ask them about your problem? If they installed 2.2 on your phone right then and there, you should consider yourself VERY lucky.

I've never heard of the Android OS version having anything to do with problems using the Android Market. Every version of Android has Android Market access ability. I would say that having them update your phone fixed the problem, but not because it was upgraded to 2.2. I think that your phone simply needed to have a "factory reset" to restore your Android build, as something was likely corrupted.

The 2.2 update was just lucky. Enjoy it :D

jay khatri

Jan 15, 2011, 7:18:16 PM via Website

hi , it was in fact the proper samsung service center. they told me so and that is why i went for the upgradation. may be they wanted to make easy money out of me.!!!
any way douglas, without a working market app what is the use of galaxy S?. so as of now the problem is solved. thanks for your inputs and support.
jay

Filatei Samuel
  • Forum posts: 1

Apr 11, 2011, 11:14:41 PM via App

hi I am a new. user for about 3days I have been trying to load apps from the android market but it is not working but my phone is used one and the Guy used his email address for every thing and I don't know is password how can I remove his email and use my? any thing I click it will say type your password. please I need help

Yan Matusevich
  • Forum posts: 305

Apr 12, 2011, 5:09:23 AM via Website

Well if you just got the phone, your best option would be to do a factory data reset (i.e. wipe the phone clean) just go to Settings --> Privacy --> Factora Data reset.

If you already have a lot of stuff on your phone (contacts, photos, important files, etc.) then I would recommend just wiping the data for eveyrthing Google related.

Go to Settings ---> Applications ---> Gmail ---> Clear all data

Repeat the same action for Google Talk and all other Google apps. That should do the trick. Hope that helps!

chassidy gooley

Apr 12, 2011, 5:55:45 PM via Website

Hi I have a next book which is equipped with android and has many google features but when i try to download anything it says, There's no phone associated with my account, and won't let me. Is there something I can do abou this? I was also wondering how do i download apps onto my sd card. i'm rather new to all of this so any help is appreciated

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Apr 13, 2011, 5:11:49 AM via Website

I don't know if it's the same on your tablet, but on phones, to associate an account with your device you just add your gmail account to the phone. Look under settings, accounts, sync.

— modified on Apr 13, 2011, 5:12:19 AM

Ajora

Jan 31, 2012, 5:29:54 AM via Website

I have a nextbook and I have the same problem!!

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Jan 31, 2012, 11:49:45 AM via Website

Also, first thing to always try is going into settings-apps-all-market, force stop app, clear cache, clear data.

Normally, everyones market should look the same, as its something done on Googles end. This could work for some people if it isnt a territorial restriction on your device.

Tyler Minaker

Mar 8, 2013, 11:16:28 PM via Website

have the same problem! android OS is 4.0.3. how do you root your phone or tablet?