here i go again

• Replies:3
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 8

Jan 9, 2011, 5:37:23 AM via Website

not really sure about this putting a new memory card in the phone. I did it without
knowing what to do, so it was unformated. talked to tech support, and it "helped",
I'm having issues with this sort of thing, there is the Motorola Media link and then the
SanDisk page, which would be the best way for me to go? also is there a scan
you can run on the phone to see if everything is where it should be or running
right?
never been so lost

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Jan 10, 2011, 5:30:37 PM via Website

What capacity microSD card did you buy, and what class is it? It should tell you on the packaging.

Do you have a card reader for the microSD card, or can you only access it using a USB cable from your phone?

Have you tried to format the card using the Android phone itself? Go into settings, SD card and phone storage, and see if you can select "format SD card"

— modified on Jan 10, 2011, 5:32:21 PM

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 8

Jan 11, 2011, 7:45:22 AM via Website

Hello,
I have both, the USB cord and SanDisk Media Manager with the reader and the key chain reader.
The memory is 32GB, I do believe that I have both memory cards formatted, but I will check on that.

I was trying to use the SanDisk to put music and my pics on the 32GB, but something happened and
it only took 1/3 of it. So then I tried using the Motorola with the USB and then realized the card was not
formatted, so I then formatted it. When I tried to add more than 2 cds, it told me I needed more memory,
This is crazy for me.

amber

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Jan 11, 2011, 3:12:23 PM via Website

I think I've read somewhere that depending on how the card is formatted, the maximum size of a file that can be read/used can fluctuate. How big were the CD folders that you were trying to transfer? Also, if you can tell me how the SDcard is formatted, that would be helpful.