Good headphones wile using droid

• Replies:5
louie zmich
  • Forum posts: 10

Jan 11, 2011, 5:41:45 AM via App

I love how you can use your
Droid as a music player as well. anyone have any suggestions on what headphones to buy? I'm looking at the beats or skull candies but Idk. any suggestions? thanks.

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Jan 11, 2011, 2:00:46 PM via Website

I would first ask you what you are looking for in headphones. Do you really want headphones, or are you more interested in earbuds?

If you want headphones, do they have to be collapsible/foldable so that they can be made smaller and packed easier?

If size and space are no problem, what about price? Are you willing to spend more than $30? $50? $80? $100 or more?

I have a pair of Skullcandy Lowriders that look like this:

They are nice because of the long cord, foldability, and relatively powerful speakers. However, they have a hard time staying on my head sometimes and don't isolate foreign sounds while listening to music.

— modified on Jan 11, 2011, 2:03:58 PM

louie zmich

Jan 11, 2011, 11:14:22 PM via App

thank you for such a detailed responded I enjoyed reading it. well I think I'm more to the earbud side but would like something that doesn't fallout when I work out and block out the other noises. so Idk what brand to choose

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Jan 12, 2011, 2:38:31 PM via Website

I remember reading somewhere several months ago that a very large percentage of all earbuds share many identical internal components.

Plenty of different brands sell their own headphones, but most of the different brands' earbuds are different only in the color, branding, small outer design changes, and price.

Since you said that having the earbuds falling out was important for you, then I'd definitely recommend buying a set with the removable rubber "cushions" that you attach. Getting one with 3 different sizes would also be a good idea, to make sure it fits your ear right.

You still haven't mentioned what your price range is.

Some of the more famous good brands include Sennheiser, Shure, and Skullcandy, but there are also other good brands. One last suggestion: if you go cheap, you'll know it. If you want something to last awhile, you're going to have to get something more expensive that $20-30.

louie zmich

Jan 13, 2011, 4:33:40 AM via App

thank you, I took everything you said into consideration and just got the skullcandy inked headphones in black. they are so awesome the bass is great and the small setting on them fits perfectly!

Alice Smith
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 3, 2012, 4:37:05 AM via Website

I love music and I really want to get a high quality headphone. I think the in-ear headphones are much better for me. I love the Beats By Dre so I love to get them online at www.beatsbydreaustralian.com Beats By Dre online.