AppCenter default debug response

• Replies:10
lyubozar
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 22, 2011, 4:26:49 PM via Website

Hello, fellow devs :)
I am preparing an app for publishing on AndroidPIT.
On my test device I have the App Center app installed and logged in with my AndroidPIT dev account.
I have implemented the appropriate libraries, set the checker to debug mode and I get correct responses from Developers / App Licensing / Test ( like LICENSED, NOT_LICENSED, etc).

When I set it to DEFAULT - the response I get is ERROR_COMMUNICATING_WITH_APPCENTER - which is a bit confusing.
Which would be the correct server response?

lyubozar
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 24, 2011, 1:32:56 PM via Website

UPDATE:
well, i discovered something very interesting:
in fact I get response ERROR_NOT_APP_CENTER_MANAGED (which seems much more appropriate) but it is often preceded by at least one ERROR_COMMUNICATING_WITH_APPCENTER...
So far I have successfuly worked-around this by queuing a number of check requests until an appropriate response is received or real connection error confirmed, but I guess there could be neater solutions.
What do you think?

conny de jong
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 24, 2011, 6:10:49 PM via App

[quote=lyubozar]Hello, fellow devs :)

I am preparing an app for publishing on AndroidPIT.
On my test device I have the App Center app installed and logged in with my AndroidPIT dev account.
I have implemented the appropriate libraries, set the checker to debug mode and I get correct responses from Developers / App Licensing / Test ( like LICENSED, NOT_LICENSED, etc).

When I set it to DEFAULT - the response I get is ERROR_COMMUNICATING_WITH_APPCENTER - which is a bit confusing.
Which would be the correct server response?[/quot

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 107

Jan 26, 2011, 9:05:52 PM via Website

Hi Lyubozar,

It is a bit difficult to understand where the problem is. My guess is that you get a NPE while calling through to the AppCenter. Could you please open the Log console of the ADT DDMS and have a look it if there is any NPE? It should print out a stack trace. Please report this stack trace then. Second: Do you call the license check multiple times during runtime? The license mechanism is designed for one request only during onCreate or similar.

Best regards,
Carsten

Seid nett zueinander: AndroidPIT-Regeln ;)

Deactivated Account

Jan 26, 2011, 9:07:54 PM via Website

Hi conny de jong,

could you please explain your problem a bit further? In which way is it related to the license check with AndroidPIT.

Best regards,
Carsten

Markus Gehlhaar
  • Forum posts: 4

Feb 1, 2011, 9:03:37 PM via Website

Hi,

I'm also really confused what to do if I get errors like ERROR_COMMUNICATING_WITH_APPCENTER. Is there any chance to get a better documentation?

For my application I have the problem that it's always working, also when I dissmis the android pit logon dialog all the time. void dontAllow() is never called in this case.

— modified on Feb 1, 2011, 9:08:20 PM

Deactivated Account

Feb 1, 2011, 9:55:40 PM via Website

Hi Markus,

when you get tis error, calling from the library to the AndroidPIT AppCenter failed by some reason. This can be that the AppCenter is not installed or the implementation of the CallBack has errors in it. Please provide us with more information about the problems you ran into and we try to clarify.

Best regards
Carsten

PS. Please consult the source code of the library additionally to the online how-to.

Deactivated Account

Feb 1, 2011, 11:37:51 PM via Website

To clearify why there is no dontAllow() on most of the error messages: We think that it is unwise not to allow the user to use his program because some problems with the license check environment arised. We think that we will leave it to the developer of the app which links against the library to decide how to react properly. So dontAllow() is called only when the library gets a NOT_LICENSED from the server or - if in use - the signature validator of the signed license checker.

— modified on Feb 2, 2011, 12:01:52 AM

Lakeba Apps
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 8, 2013, 1:19:20 PM via Website

Hi,
this link is not working? we have same problem.