help please!!!

• Replies:4
shadi gh
  • Forum posts: 3

Jan 23, 2011, 4:06:58 PM via Website

hi every one.unfortunatly i dont have android market application on my phone!and i have a problem!when i use my phone barcode scanner to read the QR codes.it read them but when i try to open the given link i recieve this message:
no matches for .....(the given link) and gives me some search tips!
if the problem is about not having the android market application!waht can i do?

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Jan 23, 2011, 8:09:04 PM via Website

What country do you live in? I believe that Google and your country's government may not have an agreement to let your phone access the Android Market. Without this agreement, you will not be able to visit links sending you to the Android Market. You may want to try and download an app like AndroidPIT App Center, or App Brain, or Androidzoom. These apps will let you download apps, just like the Android Market, but they are not as big, and don't have as many apps as the official Android Market.

— modified on Jan 23, 2011, 8:09:55 PM

shadi gh
  • Forum posts: 3

Jan 23, 2011, 8:18:00 PM via Website

hey,thanks for the answer!actually i live in austria,but i bought my phone in iran,so i think the reason that i dont have the android market may be that but now i am in austria and i am using it in austria!so i should be able to use the links because there are no problems here or?

Alex T.
  • Forum posts: 30

Jan 25, 2011, 5:19:34 AM via Website

I'm not entirely sure it works that way. Since you don't have the market, the QR codes point to a blank link, essentially. I don't think you can just install the market from anywhere, but you might be able to find either a custom ROM or an SBF file for your model that'll reinstall Android with the Market integrated. You should search our forums for your phone model or go over to xda-developers.com and look for ROMs in your phone's Development section.

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Jan 26, 2011, 8:16:56 PM via Website

Agreed. The market will not just download itself onto your phone because you've arrived in Austria. You will have to find a way to install the file for it, or a whole new ROM with the Android Market already included.