LauncherPro - Only 3 Screens?

• Replies:3
Mike Miller
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 11, 2011, 3:10:31 PM via Website

Hi everybody,

I just have flashed my Galaxy S to firmware JS5. For some reason, LauncherPro now just has three screens. When changing the number-of-screens setting to 7, the phone tells me it requires to restart launcher pro. this actually never happens and the setting is stuck with three screens. In fact, I cannot change any of the settings. Before flashing, everything was fine. I also re-entered the activation code I received after purchasing a couple of weeks ago.

I also tried uninstalling and reinstaling LauncherPro.

Any clue what to do...? Thanks in advance for your support...

— modified on Feb 11, 2011, 3:11:28 PM

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Feb 11, 2011, 3:35:14 PM via Website

Have you tried rebooting your phone? If you can redownload the LauncherPro file, give that a try. If that doesn't work, the issue may lie within the ROM. Have you tried any other homescreen replacements?

justJay
  • Forum posts: 757

Feb 11, 2011, 6:01:31 PM via App

I too use LauncherPro.. and have tried it on many custom Roms without any problem. You said you "flashed" your phone.... when you did so.. did you do a full wipe.. or flash over the current Rom you where using?

I always recommend doing a full wipe.. I have flashed over ROMs and always end up with some type of issues.

— modified on Feb 11, 2011, 6:04:38 PM

Ryan Erickson
  • Forum posts: 93

Feb 14, 2011, 3:39:52 AM via App

I would recommend trying a new launcher. I used launcher pro for the longest time but have found the new adw launcher to be much better. It is the heaviest customizable home replacement I have ever seen. Hope you try it out and see if you have better luck!!