Hello everyone. Quick question...

• Replies:8
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Feb 28, 2011 8:23:03 PM via Website

I have an "HTC Sense" althought it isn't listed on the sites "andriod list" I was told that it is a Android phone. I would like to know if it is true. I have finally found a site to download apps and now my phone doesn't support it ... :bashful:

Mar 1, 2011 3:10:30 AM via Website

Hello.... I am such a noob when it comes to my phone. Yet after further research, my HTC is a HD2.. And I actually found the skype app I was looking for. = ) Took me awhile. Yet I am guessing my HD2 isn't an android huh?

Mar 1, 2011 3:14:12 AM via Website

alexis ampudia
Hello.... I am such a noob when it comes to my phone. Yet after further research, my HTC is a HD2.. And I actually found the skype app I was looking for. = ) Took me awhile. Yet I am guessing my HD2 isn't an android huh?

Hi Alexis, welcome to the forums. The HD2 is an android phone. Here's some info on what an "Android" is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_(operating_system)

Mar 1, 2011 3:17:41 AM via Website

Ok sweet... Thank you guys so much for responding quickly... I've been away for awhile and I am sooooooo lost about these new types of phone. 4 years in prision will do that to you. lol

Mar 1, 2011 1:00:07 PM via Website

I think Jeremiah made an accidental spelling mistake. The HD2 is, by default, a Windows phone, and not an Android phone. Some people have managed to install Android on it, but the process takes some time and is only recommended for experienced computer users. Sorry we can't help you much with your phone.

Mar 2, 2011 11:56:33 AM via Website

Yes and no. The HD2 is a good phone, spec-wise. I've used it before and know several people who have one. If you are just looking for a smartphone, the HD2 is not a bad choice.

If you are looking specifically for an Android phone, then yes, the HD2 is about as bad of a choice that you could've made, as it does not run Android normally.

However, as I said, there are ways to make it run Android. It would be complicated, and would require you to do a lot of reading, and you'll likely be somewhat unsure of yourself during the process, if you just jump into it without taking your time to understand all the stuff you are doing.

If you just want to return the phone, we can give you suggestions on what to look for. If that is the case, let us know what provider/country you would have.

— modified on Mar 2, 2011 11:56:59 AM

Mar 7, 2011 12:44:58 AM via App

BTW Alexis, no question is a stupid question. Forums are set up to help..enjoy your HTC Android phone. I use an HTC EVO 4G. Upgraded from an HTC Hero. HTC equipment ROCKs....

— modified on Mar 7, 2011 12:45:44 AM