Remote Web Desktop

• Replies:4
Gary Garland
  • Forum posts: 22

Mar 3, 2011, 3:25:19 PM via Website

Is anyone using Remote Web Desktop?

The ratings were and comments were all good so I decided to give it a try. However, when I try to connect to the server, I can never get to it.

I tried both Web Desktop and FTP Server with the same results.

Has anyone experienced this and do you know how to over come it?

Yan Matusevich
  • Forum posts: 305

Mar 3, 2011, 6:48:02 PM via Website

Hey!

I just tried out Remote Web Desktop on my HTC and it worked perfectly. After downloading the app, I simply pressed Start Server and typed in the address listed at the bottom into my computer's browser. Everything seemed to work smoothly.

Are you sure both your phone and computer are connected to the same WiFi?

Gary Garland
  • Forum posts: 22

Mar 3, 2011, 6:52:26 PM via Website

Good question. As matter of fact, my desktop wasn't on WiFi at all. I never thought about needing both of them on WiFi. I'll go back and try it with my laptop and see what happens.

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Mar 4, 2011, 1:01:52 PM via Website

Well, as long as your computer has some sort of internet connection, I would think it would be okay, unless the traffic only passes through the router...

Neil C.

Neil C.
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 29, 2011, 6:24:43 AM via Website

Although I'm fairly tech savvy, I'm a newby to Android. I just downloaded this app because I am constantly connecting and re-connecting my phone to transfer files and photos. What a fantastic way of transferring files, sending text messages or changing settings on my phone without the need to physically connect or use the touch screen. I gave up with Bluetooth. My laptop is hopeless at keeping the signal and it's not my phone because it works well in my car on my BT hands-free radio.

I connected immediately with 3G and haven't tried it yet through WI-FI so I can't comment on that feature. Also, I won't try the Remote feature because I'm not going to Root my phone.

There may be better apps but I always stop looking when I find something that works and this works very well. Great security features and a desktop-like user interface. Thank you Smartdog Studio!