Proxy when using wireless

• Replies:7
Neill W.
  • Forum posts: 4

Mar 7, 2011, 10:06:49 AM via Website

When i am connected to my works Wifi. I need to add in a proxy setting to access the internet.
What can i do to get this to give me that option?

Yan Matusevich
  • Forum posts: 305

Mar 8, 2011, 11:17:39 PM via Website

Could rephrase that? What's wrong with your Wi-Fi exactly?

Neill W.

Mar 9, 2011, 8:57:45 AM via Website

There is nothing wrong with my Wifi. It connects with no difficulty. I need to configure the proxy server on my phone to access the internet. It doesnt give me that option....

Neill W.

Mar 10, 2011, 11:25:37 AM via Website

I didnt quite understand what to do there, but i got this app called Transparent proxy. I just dont know how to configure it..

Neill W.

Mar 10, 2011, 1:33:36 PM via Website

I would the be able to access the internet using my works wifi. Now i can only check my emails and use my own data bundle to download new apps and games to my phone. Unless you know of a few sites that i can get it from?

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 5,136

Mar 10, 2011, 3:15:19 PM via Website

Until now, it is definitly NOT possible to get Android to work with a individual proxy Server without having dedicated ROOT-ACCESS.

The background of this is, Google did not allow to touch this functionality without having system privileges. Access to these functions have been moved to "system.settings.secure" and hence there is no way to get this working by some piece of software without having ROOT-ACCESS on your device.

lg Voss