upgrading from android 2.1 to 2.3

• Replies:8
abhishek Verma
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 8, 2011, 2:39:34 PM via Website

hi i am very curious to know that how i can upgrade my android version from 2.1 to 2.3

My handset is HTC WILDFIRE
please help.

Yan Matusevich
  • Forum posts: 305

Mar 9, 2011, 3:27:59 AM via Website

Based on what I know the HTC Wildfire has already been updated to 2.2 in Europe and should've been done all over the world by the end of last month.

The thing is that it depends on your provider whether you get the official update.

2.3 hasn't been released for HTC Wildfire yet (and I don't know if it will be), but there are some ROMs available. Rooting your phone should be done at your own risk, though.

Umer Kayani
  • Forum posts: 29

Mar 14, 2011, 2:58:15 PM via App

I am in pakistan and I have also htc wildfire running 2.1 but i havn't rcvd any update yet. still on eclair

ernesto trujillo
  • Forum posts: 2

Mar 16, 2011, 4:32:04 PM via Website

it's a matter of time! im looking at google for a way to upgrade from 2.1 to 2.3 but.... i found a news that says htc wont allow you to upgrade any wildfire to 2.3 cause the new wildfire s comes with it.. commercial issues (who buy a wildfire s with 2.3 if u can put 2.3 in an old wildfire?).

Im still thinking it's a matter of time, maybe mid year, to find a way to upgrade.

btw, i recommend you not to upgrade to 2.2 cause you wouldnt be able to root. --> haha this is matter of time, recommend you to followe unrevoked on twitter.

well... if you guys knows something... i would be thankfully (i dont know if this word exist)

ernesto trujillo
  • Forum posts: 2

Mar 16, 2011, 7:24:29 PM via Website

hey dudes... here's a post where u can find how to upgrade from 2.1 (eclair) to 2.3 gingerbread, i had not tested it and it's on spanish, would like to translate it but im outta time at work.

http://www.htcmania.com/showthread.php?t=163823

jig shah
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 21, 2011, 2:58:17 PM via Website

hi if you are based in india like me,
we got about 2 months back an over the air upgrade to 2.2 not 2.3 .
you can go to htc website & inform your problem, or if thehre is any htc reseller hemight be able to help you.

zain
  • Forum posts: 4

Sep 8, 2011, 10:51:21 PM via Website

yaar pakistan ka kuch nahi benna koi chez he hi nahi yaha per me khud 2.3 ko search ker ker mar geya ho

zain
  • Forum posts: 4

Sep 8, 2011, 10:54:52 PM via Website

noo he is rite wildfire s is available in market