Apps gone, phone auto reset

• Replies:3
0rig1n
  • Forum posts: 2

Mar 11, 2011, 9:28:59 AM via Website

hi, there this is my first post and i had some questions...

so everyone knows that google remotely removed some apps from phones i think the number is either 21 or 58 in any case i did not have any of the apps listed anywhere that were listed as removed ,but my phone did do a factory reset on its own this weekend. no one touched it just started, and while i was looking to restore my apps i found that all apps by developer Ksoft, AKA icekirin, are gone from the market, so im wondering if anyone else has any such experience with ksoft apps. The apps developed by Ksoft were called Digu and variants of Maid cosplay and HD girls.. just wondering.. cause i should really go and change all my passwords if it was one of the affected apps.. but i can't find any info anywhere thanks

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Mar 11, 2011, 2:50:55 PM via Website

Is your Android version the same since the phone did a factory reset? Do you install apps from third-party sources? What markets have you used to do that, if so?

I believe that your phone may have received the software fix from Google. It is supposed to happen automatically, from what I have heard, and it will install in a similar way to a firmware update, so I believe that was what occurred.

I haven't heard anything about malicious apps from those two developers as of yet.

— modified on Mar 11, 2011, 2:51:19 PM

0rig1n
  • Forum posts: 2

Mar 11, 2011, 5:03:26 PM via Website

Yes my android version remained the same, everything i have installed has been from the android market no third party.

See that is what i thought at first, but the update is supposed to clean out all files left by those programs but i still have quite a bit of junk files.. you know the pre-cached, and startup stuff. but that is supposed to be wiped out with the google fix.

in any case... the reason i worry is cause i have found no explanation to why this user disappeared, cause if he took one app off the market it would be understandable he just did not want to deal with it but to have everything gone seems a bit like something that only happens if google bans you... so to me its kinda weird

Thanks

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Mar 11, 2011, 6:49:01 PM via Website

Well, at this point, I recommend removing any remaining files from the "removed" apps that are still on your phone. Other than that, I am also puzzled as to what could have happened.