Google Nexus S — New to my Nexus S

• Replies:7
Claudine M.
  • Forum posts: 6

Mar 11, 2011, 7:57:43 PM via Website

Hello have started using my new Nexus S and I love it. My first Android phone, did a transition from iphone to Nexus S and it's awesome. :grin:

— modified on Sep 22, 2011, 12:30:06 PM by moderator

mike wane

Paul McCabe
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 27, 2011, 7:15:24 PM via Website

Nexus S here too. Just changed over from my trusty old HTC HC2 rooted with Froyo.

The Nexus S appears to be fast, reliable and fun to use so far.

— modified on Mar 27, 2011, 7:15:41 PM

Claudine M.

Mar 29, 2011, 7:47:14 PM via Website

Douglas Carter
So are you running Android 2.3.3 then? Have you had any random restarts yet, or any strange lag while using the phone?

Yes I did have problems with Nexus rebooting whilst I was on the phone, but after I updated to 2.3.3 I do not have any of those problems anymore. I had to do the update manually as it was not available over the air. I even managed to root the phone and installed the Rom Manager. I do not see any colour difference as well with the update as many have been cribbing about after the update. I like the Nexus S. :grin:

— modified on Sep 22, 2011, 12:31:16 PM by moderator

Steve Preston
  • Forum posts: 2

Apr 6, 2011, 6:21:42 PM via Website

Hi fellow Nexus S users. Have had mine only 4 days and am completely blown away. It's a massive step up from a Sony Ericsson K810i (my phone for the last 3 and half years). My only real disappointment is that there's no zoom on the camera, but I read yesterday that there should be a firmware fix for that in the near future. :)

— modified on Apr 6, 2011, 6:32:46 PM

Claudine M.

Apr 6, 2011, 9:32:29 PM via Website

Steve Preston
Hi fellow Nexus S users. Have had mine only 4 days and am completely blown away. It's a massive step up from a Sony Ericsson K810i (my phone for the last 3 and half years). My only real disappointment is that there's no zoom on the camera, but I read yesterday that there should be a firmware fix for that in the near future. :)

Hi Steve: Welcome to Android Nexus S. There is a lot to discover with this phone I am still learning and discovering many a things after getting the phone, I look at it as a hobby and am enjoying it. Only the voice on the speaker sucks for me. rest all fine. I am sure there may be apps out there for your camera zooming facility. If you need any help ask and if I can will help. :grin:

— modified on Sep 22, 2011, 12:31:36 PM by moderator

Steve Preston
  • Forum posts: 2

Apr 6, 2011, 10:52:10 PM via Website

Claudine M.

Hi Steve: Welcome to Android Nexus S. There is a lot to discover with this phone I am still learning and discovering many a things after getting the phone, I look at it as a hobby and am enjoying it. Only the voice on the speaker sucks for me. rest all fine. I am sure there may be apps out there for your camera zooming facility. If you need any help ask and if I can will help. :grin:

Hi Claudine,
Thanks for the friendly welcome and for the offer of advice :)
My girlfriend's been laughing at me for playing on my phone constantly since I got it, but there's no end to the discoveries on this phone.
Have been doing a lot of research about the camera zoom issue and there are no apps that will successfully zoom on a Nexus S, so will just have to wait for the firmware fix. I don't mind, as long as I know it's coming.
Cheers
S

— modified on Dec 20, 2011, 5:10:50 PM by moderator