Gingerbread comes to XperiaX10

• Replies:6
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 1,221

Apr 13, 2011, 12:59:47 PM via Website

Anyone knows anything new on this subject,. feel free to comment.....

— modified on Sep 22, 2011, 5:42:55 PM by moderator

Aaron Thomson
  • Forum posts: 7

May 30, 2011, 11:51:37 AM via Website

there has been a lot of changes in this Xperia prophecy from Xperia x10 to Xperia Neo as in between there came Xperia x10 Mini, X10 Mini pro, Xperia x10i, Xperia Play, Xperia Arc and then finally came Xperia neo which is lot more advanced than x10 but obviously x10 wont match neo's capabilites however the most the amazing thing to note bout these xperia phones is though all being smartphones still they possess an android heart. :D

But i remember previous x8 had updgrade upto 2.1 or 2.2 froyo and i feel that was pretty lame :angry:. So its true x10 has got 2.3 gingerbread version android OS and this has got inherited to its Xperia legacy following it.

There's a lot of difference between previous SE Xperia phones and this new sony ericsson xperia neo however xperia arc was launched before xperia neo and both have some similarities in internal design while display screen of arc is slightly bigger than neo. Both the phones have 2.3 Gingerbread Andorid OS. Processor of neo is much advanced than arc and obviously it has got an enhanced video watching and gaming capabilities.

Previous version like Xperia Play, Pro, Mini Pro all had 2.3 OS version but they lacked processing speed as compared to new Arc and Neo. However Xperia Play matches sumwhat to the these new xperia phones as it was considered to be a gaming phone but cant be considered an equivalent. Infact Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo in terms of processor power, camera and cost is much more beneficial than previously launched Arc.

But most important thing to me its camera having 8MP capability with additional front facing camera thus high quality video capturing and image capturing will be much more pleasurable on neo.:D

— modified on Jan 17, 2012, 6:20:49 PM by moderator

Deactivated Account

Jun 5, 2011, 10:51:53 PM via Website

so is the update going to come to the X10?!?!?

Deactivated Account

Jun 6, 2011, 11:58:43 PM via App

links are removed. but do I need a rooted phone? if yeah, then I'd rather wait for the one from se. by the way, what newer things will cone with 2.3?

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Jun 7, 2011, 9:56:20 AM via Website

Shoot. I'm sorry about that. I wonder why they remove the links?

Deactivated Account

Jun 7, 2011, 3:41:23 PM via App

its ok. I don't have a rooted phone... so I wouldn't be able to use them links.