Missing the Root Directory after Rooting my Vibrant, Please Help!

• Replies:3
Steve Dyer
  • Forum posts: 17

Apr 23, 2011, 2:19:48 PM via Website

I hope someone can help me.. I have been searching and searching but cant find anything about this anywhere...

I have FLASHED(ROOT) my Vibrant phone and running FROYO 2.2

-programs installed

superuser
Titanium Backup
ROM Mangager
Busy Box installer
Flash ClockworkMod Recovery running 2.5.1.2

Heres my issue:
I have a new ROM I have downloaded and it says to copy the file on to my sd root directory which I can't
find! and when I reboot to recovery there are no additional files or menu choices shown to select.

I click on ROM Mangaer
Go to Install ROM from SD Card
Reboot and Install screen Press "OK"
the phone Boots into Clockwork Recovery fine

this is where my issue is....
I only have 5 items to select from this screen
reboot system now
reinstall packages
delete all user data
delete cache data
format internal SD-card

I dont show all the menus items like I have seen in all the tutorials
i do not have the option to install zip from sd-card here....
does anyone have any suggestions it would be a great help...

Thanks,
Steve

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Apr 24, 2011, 1:50:57 AM via Website

The root folder/directory of an sd card is the top level folder. There's nothing on it that says "Root", by root folder they mean the initial / top level folder. Like for a hard drive the root folder would be c:\ any folders in this "root" folder would be subfolders. So just place the rom in the top level folder of your sd card.

Steve Dyer
  • Forum posts: 17

Apr 24, 2011, 2:06:28 AM via Website

Jeremiah, Thank you for the info I understand now, however what I have now is when I open "ROM Manager" I select Install ROM from sd card,
I locate the ROM .zip file and select it, I then click install and when the bootloader screen appears it shows the "Default" apps, etc have been
loaded and then the only option I have is to clear all user files, or reboot, I hit reboot and the old ROM is displayed.

what am I doing wrong!!!
Steve

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Apr 24, 2011, 2:22:45 AM via Website

Sorry Steve, I don't know what the problem could be. Have never rooted or installed a custom rom myself. Maybe try downloading the rom again, it may be corrupted or something.